Car Armor and modifications

tapczan

Hi guys,

What do you think of a Mod which would allow modifications of cars like adding extra armour,  putting metal sheets over windows, making bumpers, spikes or attaching guns ?

Basically customising cars !

This would make the mechanics skill more attractive to have (leveling it up doesn't give much as of now)

Additionally i thought the it would be a good idea to make the fuel consumption and speed dependent of overall weight of the vehicle. 

This would balance over armoured and armed cars ;)

Do you know if such mod exist already? would someone be interested in making it? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 1:33 PM, tapczan said:

What do you think of a Mod which would allow modifications of cars like adding extra armour,  putting metal sheets over windows

These are planned to be implemented into the game (at some point)

Also you can already put metal sheets and metal bars over windows. 

Edited by Mr_Sunshine

• 6 months later...

Lol this is hilarious. While I am reaching out to do the same with clothing, it is absolutely possible to do so for vehicles. Although, new textures will need to be added for every vehicle. Better to wait for devs to make the changes. I suck at textures (dont have a clue) and maybe.. just maybe... i can make an implementation that could just increase hp for components but that is scary since it should use the same step by step building logic that we use on walls (building wall frames, then adding on walls based on material) etc. since I should be able to armor up vehicles using metal, wood, maybe even corpses XD

In the end, too much circumvention to what would become an obsolete mod (if feasible even) the moment devs make it easy for modders to modify this

Edited by Flashy