Night Sprinters inconsistent [IWBUMS 41]

Takyon

In sandbox, I set the zombies to be sprinters and their activity to night, but they still sprint during the day. When I spawn into the world the zombies seem to work accordingly to the settings, but, after running around for a while and gathering a bigger horde of zombies, some of them start sprinting. As soon as one of them starts sprinting, the rest of the zombies that I run into also instantly sprint, despite the fact that it is still daytime.

Is it all the zombies give chase during day or just some of them? Sandbox description does not say it's a 100% thing, it's more of a trend for zombies. 

Additionally, what time (actuall time in game) this happens? It is quite light in summer at 6am but it still may be "night time" by game reckoning.. Admittedly, this is a speculation and i need to find out more from the team ;)

Me and my friend played on split-screen and on multiple occasions encountered it, they just start running after some time, no matter if it's day or night. In older versions (40.--) it wasn't present and zombies only ran during night. I think that only zombies that spawn around your house (when you start new game) are affected by day/night activity, but newly spawn zombies are not affected

Edited by bartekrz65

@Pandorea,

It's 9AM in game time when I spawn into the world. I run around collecting a horde of zombies, in the beginning they all shamble, but after running a little further away from spawn, like bartekrz65 said, one of them will start sprinting and as soon as this happens all of the other new zombies I run into are sprinters as well.

• Takyon changed the title to Night Sprinters inconsistent [IWBUMS 41]