Grabby Zs.

Burger_Time

As of right now, zombies can only grab your character when they try to bite you, leading to situations when you just run around them and there's nothing they can really do about it. So I thought it would be good to have the grabbing system reworked for a bit. 

Now, I have two examples of games with those systems.

The first game: Resident Evil 2 Remake.

In this game, zombies grabbing you was actually the only way to get injured by zombies. If Z's hand reached Leon or Claire (Depending on what you are into) they'd immediately grab you and if you don't have a knife, flashbang or a grenade, you'd get damaged.

While this might be a bit overkill for the game where only a single bite is what takes you to die, we could take a few things from it such as depending on what weapon you're holding right now, the chances of getting out uninjured will vary.

tenor.gif.ef0e8d28aefc5740c3372f80b9c358cb.gif

The second game: ZombiU.

This game's system, in my opinion, will be a good base to work around in PZ. In ZombiU Infected can sometimes lunge at your character, making him unable to do anything until the player shakes them off by widlly swinging their controller. Except in PZ it could be made so you have to push them away by mashing spacebar.

_20200314_142315.thumb.JPG.d3ba15f465dd5f306f666200f5e1ba26.JPG

The way I imagine those systems in PZ is that if Zombie's hands reach your character the Z will grab them, making you unable to actually do anything. While you're grabbed, depending on your strength, the weapon you're holding and the amount of zombies holding you, your character will have a varying chance of successfully pushing away Zs. This system will prevent player from doing some wild shit and cater to the whole "Zombies ain't no toys" thing well enough.

Fin.