IWBUMS 41.32 released!

lemmy101

NEW

- Map and crafting window can now be closed using ESC 
- Fishing with a spear has new SFX
- State changes now respect partial consumption of foods
- Ropes can now be used as sheet ropes
- Targetting system now prefers shooting targets closer to the player's z-level.
- The door-lock icon in the vehicle dashboard is now drawn in yellow if some (but not all) doors are locked.
- Synced zombie thumping animations with the thump impact on doors and windows (except the window-rubbing animation, which doesn't have an impact).
- Placed Wire in the metalwork-menu tooltips with the other materials, instead of under the skill level required.
- Sandbox options with non-default values are highlighted
- Added aiming at floor when you're aiming at a zombie on ground (only works when static for now, strafing will be the same) for every weapon.
- Added talkie walkie static models.
- Added ability to attach walkie-talkie on the belt having seen how awesome it is in Planetalgol's mod. (Check out his stuff!)
- Balanced all weapons range/angle, some weapons were missing angle (meaning you could hit from a 90° angle), some range were way too big.
- Better bones masking for melee attacks, hips will now be included, so the melee attack will feel less weird.
- Can now uppercut/overhead attack while moving.
- Zombies will now thump a car with siren/alarm on, siren will eventually get destroyed by thumping zombies.
- Added corpses removal default settings in SP: After 9 days a corpse will either disapear or transform into skeleton (skeleton will then disapear 9 days later).
- If you're able to hit a zombie, you won't hit any thumpable, doors, windows, etc.

Zed fence/window behaviour improvements:

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS IMPROVED, BUT NOT FINAL - potentially still some issues

- Zombies won't always do their lunge attack even if they can.
- Player will not 100% fall on the ground, but do a dice roll depending on stats to check if he falls or not, if not, they'll slightly lose his balance.
- Fixed zombies trying to lunge on a different Z levels player.
- Added missing weight in calcul for some chance to fall during certain actions.
- Fixed too much range sometimes on the zombies fence lunge attack.
- Fixed missing transition from shove to bump.
- Fixed fence-lunging and window-lunging zombies lateral movement being restricted.

Nerfed backstabbing:

- Before there was a 100% crit chance with knife when backstabbing, now it will occurs only if the zombie is unalert
- The crit chance for other weapons during backstab is lowered if zombies are alert, but greatly increased if unalert

Populated many chunks with forage zone via a code solution:

- Forest zones are automatically added to allow scavenging in areas where such zones haven't been placed by the mapper.
  These zones cover exactly one chunk.
  These zones are always of type Forest, never Deep Forest.
  These zones aren't saved.
  A chunk must not be part of a Nav zone or a Town zone, or an existing Forest or Deep Forest zone.
  Automatic Forest zones require all neighbouring chunks to have trees

BALANCE

- Clothes can be washed without soap but it takes much longer
- Lacerations can now be bandaged with dirty rags
- Increased nutritional value of caught fish
- More loot in sewing boxes.
- More canning equipment in kitchen (jars/jar lids)
- More painting materials in crates.
- Increased fingerless gloves spawn rate.
- Added more loot to the junk table
- More clutter in kitchens.
- More loot in sheds (mechanics stuff, saws etc)

MAP FIXES

Fixes to:

Bathrooms with toilets facing each other
Doubled up shelves/counters
Accidental additional walls
Missing windows
Missing doors
Missing lightswitches
Incorrectly placed furniture

FIX

- Fixed Mildew Spray not being pourablr on the ground
- Fixed Tall Fences and Log Walls not being part of cutaway system
- Fixed tile with a wall from an intersecting wall not fading away with cutaways
- Fixed incorrect timed action on chopping down tree with axe
- Fixed floors built on water being invisible.
- Fixed rendering floors above water on z > 0.* by tim
- Fixed errors loading lua files from mods.
- Fixed issues with hoppable seats placed next to walls - transparent walls and jump through-able walls
- Fixed fence-lunging zombies hitting players in vehicles
- Fixed "Choke Tube Full" making the Shotgun unusable (it set the MinAngle to 1.0).
- Fixed sandbag and gravelbag sprite changing to a burned wall when burned
- Fixed Character.Debug.Render.AimCone rendering (the angles were wrong)
- Fixed save folders and game modes not matching the English UI labels.
- Fixed the order of Blow Torch and Welding Rods in metalwork tooltips changing depending on availability.
- Fixed vision through windows by adding the transparentN/transparentW flag to all window sprites
- Fixed the player clipping through tall fences while climbing over.
- Fixed the player not going over a tall fence when starting the climb from too far away.
- Fixed fake-dead zombies not counting as "on the ground" when running over them with a vehicle.
- Fixed the player shouting when honking the horn when the Shout key is the same as the Vehicle Horn key.
- Fixed VehicleCrash1 and VehicleCrash2 sounds not being defined in sounds_vehicle.txt.
- Fixed some keys not working after viewing an annotated map.
- Fixed missing Stash_MarchRidgeMap6_Text3 translation.
- Fixed the JOIN button not being greyed out in the main menu (changed by Zac).
- Fixed not being able to attack zombies through see-through carpentry doors (i.e., chainlink gates).
- Fixed zombies sometimes facing odd angles when thumping doors and windows.
- Fixed wrong angle calcul when aiming at zombies on ground.
- Fixed skill magazines not being removed from inventory when used as fuel for barbeques and fireplaces.
- Fixed quick stomp when shoving zombie to ground + shove after killing a zed with stomp.
- Fixed fences door being more resistant than fences.
- Fixed zombies crawling through walls and fences when lunging at the player, after climbing through a window or over a fence.N
- Fixed zombies getting stuck in the grace period of AttackState after the player dies (standing with their arms outstretched).
- Fixed the context menu sometimes being placed too far away from the hotbar.
- Fixed the zombie population renderer not showing buildings in the right column and bottom row of cells.
- Fixed player getting double attacks sometimes due to bAimAtFloor switching while an attack animation is playing.
- Fixed, hopefully, the Wash'Bloooo' bug.
- Fixed sandbox options "attack block movement" not working.
- Fixed some weapons (revolver, dbl barrel shotgun..) jamming when they should not.
- Fixed media/textures/patches/patchesmask.png getting loaded on the wrong thread.
- Fixed not being able to drop individual parts of multi-part furniture items (like beds).
- Fixed the zombie "stutter" when going in a room while they're chasing you.
- Fixed Sack not being empty (with items inside it) being used to take dirt/sand/gravel.
- Fixed red veteran shirt having purple color.
- Fixed one of the generic outfit of zeds (one with the long leather jacket) always having white trousers.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:19 AM, lemmy101 said:

Added corpses removal default settings in SP: After 9 days a corpse will either disapear or transform into skeleton (skeleton will then disapear 9 days later

Whoa, 9 days seems a bit short tbh. Will basically remove the need to ever make graves, just have to wait a week or two. Might want to consider bumping the default up to around 3 months honestly, that's about the realistic time it takes a corpse to skeletonized.

15 minutes ago, minusthedrifter said:

Whoa, 9 days seems a bit short tbh. Will basically remove the need to ever make graves, just have to wait a week or two. Might want to consider bumping the default up to around 3 months honestly, that's about the realistic time it takes a corpse to skeletonized.

this will probably be further balanced a few in the team said the same thing but we didn't want to block the release due to it.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:19 AM, lemmy101 said:

Forest zones are automatically added to allow scavenging in areas where such zones haven't been placed by the mapper.
   These zones aren't saved.
  A chunk must not be part of a Nav zone or a Town zone, or an existing Forest or Deep Forest zone.

Can you elaborate on what this means? Will I now be able to forage all Workshop maps? Will areas south of Muldraugh (as one example) now be foragable?

53 minutes ago, minusthedrifter said:

While they’re still fleshy corpses, they eat a considerable amount of resources that’d be better left to the walking dead. Get a few thousand corpses in one placed and the game tends to perpetually chug or even crash in that area. 😛

As Lemmy says though, this is really just a quick fix. Something less obvious will be done later.

29 minutes ago, runtheball said:

Can you elaborate on what this means? Will I now be able to forage all Workshop maps? Will areas south of Muldraugh (as one example) now be foragable?

yup if there are sufficient trees / plants around and far enough away from urban build up you should be able to forage anywhere

On 3/12/2020 at 6:19 AM, lemmy101 said:

- Added corpses removal default settings in SP: After 9 days a corpse will either disapear or transform into skeleton (skeleton will then disapear 9 days later).

Noooo.  I enjoyed the fact that bodies stayed in game.  It gave it a sense of realism I didn't get from other games.  Disappearing items/corpses seems like an arcade game.

Where do I turn this 'feature' off?  

I have a pile of zombie corpses I don't want disappearing.  Changing into bones is fine.  9 days is way to short.  It should stop at bones, not disappear.

Driving by the pile of corpses gives my game a sense of living in a dangerous world.  The files buzzing about.

-Richard

zomboidbodies.png

Edited by Richard T. Fry

Two-way radios are good. But they turn off when not in the hand .... then what is the point? Make them stay on. I agree, yes, to say something on the air you need to take it off your belt and then say it, but when you need to listen to the radio on your belt.

9 days ... does this have anything to do with the resurrection of Jesus on day 9?

Edited by Nebula

1 hour ago, Richard T. Fry said:

Noooo.  I enjoyed the fact that bodies stayed in game.  It gave it a sense of realism I didn't get from other games.  Disappearing items/corpses seems like an arcade game.

Where do I turn this 'feature' off?  

I have a pile of zombie corpses I don't want disappearing.  Changing into bones is fine.  9 days is way to short.  It should stop at bones, not disappear.

Driving by the pile of corpses gives my game a sense of living in a dangerous world.  The files buzzing about.

-Richard

zomboidbodies.png

We''ll improve this, lengthen the time (most likely) and introduce better sandbox options - but it'll be by the time of the next patch most likely. So while those bodies will go, the bodies of the future will be able to hang around for longer :)

2 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

yup if there are sufficient trees / plants around and far enough away from urban build up you should be able to forage anywhere

Does it work with erosion? I mean does the map get more forageable zones if there are enough grown trees in a zone where no tree were there at the start of the game? I'm 99% sure it doesn't work like that but it could be nice, not very necessary and probably difficult to do but would make sense

2 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Currently it's not a very refined thing - the cars themselves don't get damaged, but the siren takes some pelts. We'll be improving it in future.

Windows should get damaged, same thing when cars are running even without a player in it, it would make sense

Edited by Axezombie

On 3/12/2020 at 4:19 PM, lemmy101 said:

- Clothes can be washed without soap but it takes much longer

I think it's better to wash clothes without soap by 80-95% and 5-20% of the dirt should remain. What do you think?

4 hours ago, minusthedrifter said:

from what i know - it takes around three years for a body to skeletonize.

• nasKo unpinned this topic