Make thread less scarce. (tailoring, sewing)

R.Young

The amount of pieces of thread is far too uncommon to find. I'm currently 6 months in and have found about 15-20 spools of thread from looting every building in the areas circled in red and the major buildings, stores and warehouses, in the area circled in green. In comparison I've found 8 generators and 12 magazinez for the M9. I'm running with the lucky trait and have found 5 sewing kits containing nothing at all. The current amount of thread makes it far too hard to level up your tailoring which I've currently leveled to just short of level 2 with having to use 12 spools of thread with varying amount of thread(uses) remaining and have also been removing patches. I get that it is not supposed to be a breeze leveling up but currently it is faaar too grindy and unreliable to the point where it feels like it is not even worth investing time in. I feel like  every 1/5 houses should have some pieces of thread laying around or a sewing kit with around 3-4 pieces of thread.

thread v.png

yeah it's really a shame that they spent time to create this skill but you can't actually use it because you don't have thread...

That's why I suggested to get thread from clothes but apparently it's unrealistic for some people, I get thread in real life from my clothes by accident but somehow they think it's unealistic...

4 hours ago, Axezombie said:

yeah it's really a shame that they spent time to create this skill but you can't actually use it because you don't have thread...

That's why I suggested to get thread from clothes but apparently it's unrealistic for some people, I get thread in real life from my clothes by accident but somehow they think it's unealistic...

That's a really good idea! I don't think it is unrealistic at all. Maybe you don't get that much thread from each piece of clothing or some clothes have unusable thread just to have a limiting factor. But using a seam ripper and some basic know how it should be doable! Also maybe you can get less experience from taking thread from an item at first but the higher the tailoring skill gets the more thread you are able to recieve.