Just a couple of questions about what basic things mean (fog,safe houses, cleaning knife)

JessicaChen

Question

Hello, 
I am going through some of the sandbox options and I have some questions about what things mean because I could not get these answered through google search. 

Number one is fog. There are three options for this, normal, moderate, and low. Normal and moderate have similar meanings, which one is a more severe fog? I am guessing normal, because moderate could mean 'inbetween normal and low' but i just wanted to check.

Number two is safe houses. My husband went through 'randomised house chance' option and we were not sure what 'safehouses' meant. Are safehouses just randomly generated houses that have extra loot in them (and lots of zombies) or are they actually SAFE houses and act like safe areas where zombies cannot enter? I am guessing the former. They arent actually SAFE, but they are random houses that have extra loot or in the case of burnt houses, hardly any loot. 

Third, ive noticed that I can clean my hunting knife. Why would this be necessary? Could it contaminate food if i use that knife to cut food? 

1 answer to this question

11 hours ago, JessicaChen said:

Hello, 
I am going through some of the sandbox options and I have some questions about what things mean because I could not get these answered through google search. 

Number one is fog. There are three options for this, normal, moderate, and low. Normal and moderate have similar meanings, which one is a more severe fog? I am guessing normal, because moderate could mean 'inbetween normal and low' but i just wanted to check.

Number two is safe houses. My husband went through 'randomised house chance' option and we were not sure what 'safehouses' meant. Are safehouses just randomly generated houses that have extra loot in them (and lots of zombies) or are they actually SAFE houses and act like safe areas where zombies cannot enter? I am guessing the former. They arent actually SAFE, but they are random houses that have extra loot or in the case of burnt houses, hardly any loot. 

Third, ive noticed that I can clean my hunting knife. Why would this be necessary? Could it contaminate food if i use that knife to cut food? 

Safe houses aren't safe, they're just special houses with possible good loot and stuff as you said. I think cleaning weapons only matter for hemophobic characters who panic from blood, I never clean my weapons, they certainly don't contaminate food. Don't know about the fog option, I always thought moderate is in between..

Archived