IWBUMS 41.31 RELEASED

nasKo

ANIMS

- adjusted blend in and outs for strafing and some melee states (fix for weird looking hitting animation like the rolling pin)

MODDING
- added radio OnDeviceText passes the parent (IsoObject,Item,VehiclePart) for modding purposes

FIXES

- Increased damage done to fences.

- Fixed zombies shoving you when dead.
- Fixed zombies shoving after you hit them.
- Fixed zombies hitting through walls.
- Fixed frames where zombie was considered not "on floor" during a fence or windows lunge attack
- Fixed zombies being able to attack you at different Z level when doing a windows/fence lunge.
- Fixed lack of zombies in prisoner outfits at the prison.
- Fixed (again) blob corpses.
- Fixed carpentry not consuming materials.
- Fixed short wooden carpentry fences not being destroyable by vehicles and zombies.
- Fixed jail-cell walls blocking vision.
- Fixed null pointer bodydamage catchacolddelta
- Fixed multithreading bug with physics debug rendering.
- Fixed toxic buildings throwing exceptions when zombies are inside.
- Fixed vehicles running in building making them toxic until it's polished up again

• nasKo pinned this topic

First of all thanks to everyone that replied to my post in 41.30 thread, and also thanks for the pointers on how to "save a build" and get it working again if some patch goes wrong.

I'm happy to test any build and always play on iwbums, but 41.30 was way too laggy for me (almost like a slideshow presentation) and as such really "beyond testing".

Also happy to report 41.31 is back on track with performance, no issues so far, and feel almost disappointed that I've missed the unpatched version of "special sauce" in action. 😅

Anyways, keep up the good work.👍

9 hours ago, Turbo50 said:

Naughty. Plz git gud. :) Zombie do not bite! Go and get materials like anyone else.

Perhaps they were testing something and in my experience it's alot faster if you can spawn the stuff you need right away to test with rather than spend hours doing it " legit " lol

Hello,

I have some stuttering in this build again, like we had a few build back (When driving around, every second is a few frame stutter).

I also almost died because a zombie decided to jump through a window a few squares away from my character and made me fall down to the ground, gonna have to fight only in open space until the secret sauce is refined.

Loving everything else !

Did you change the "movement behavior"?

As soon as i hold down right mouse button to get into "ready" position with a spear - the character moves different. WASD do no longer response on "view" postion. Meaning - if a walk with WD pressed and hold down right mouse button, turn around the viewpoint to downside left (south) the charakter moves into the wrong direction (forward towards the spottet enemy).

This makes it quite difficult to engange, attack, backup .. attack again, ... it feels wrong  / changed.

Update: Don't seems so - i dunno what happend - after restarting the game the moving was correct again.

Edited by FatBulldog

I'm happy to see you guys fixed fishing. That's usually my primary source of food when the rest of it is all gone. That and foraging, but foraging doesn't work too well in winter. :P
Speaking of Winter, survival is interesting. I've noticed that the more tired and hungry you are, the faster your body temperature drops. The blizzard effects are amazing too.
I also did a small test. I went outside without wind while it was 11.5F, completely naked, without any items on my character (except the watch) to record my observations.

Another note: I play with 2 hour days.

I went out at 0720 and immediately my skin temp began to drop and my body response dropped down to "fighting cold." Interestingly body heat generation and core temp also dropped rapidly.

0730-0740 Freezing moodle appears.
0740 Hypothermic.
0750 Runny nose
0750-0800 Discomfort moodle appears. Health had been dropping since hypothermia set in.
Headed back inside at 0800-0810 to warm up. It took until 0840 for my character to warm up fully, but, by then, the runny nose had turned into a nasty cold.
Sadly the closest thing to a RL chart I could find was this, but it factors in the wind ontop of the actual temperature: windchill21.gif
So Hypothermia - without clothes - took 20 minutes without windchill.

PS: Before this patch was when I encountered the blizzard btw, which had no wind audio? Is that going to be changed or has it already been changed?

Mac user, just started trying the beta today. I noticed you guys were aware of this bug earlier, but I'm still having the rainbow character strangeness. Makes the game really tough to play. Some zombies are straight up transparent aside from their clothes, the entire model's the same color as the t shirt and just low res poly. Really wonky.

This new mechanic where zombies grab and pull the player down, and injures him, after falling over a fence or through a window,  has to go. It is absurd. I understand that the devs thought it was an "Exploit" that players could easily kill zombies as they fell over a fence or through a window, and wanted to fix it. But this is way too far in the opposite direction. It makes far more sense that a zombie should be extra vulnerable as they fall than that they should be extra deadly.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          A normal person with full senses is going to be disoriented from falling flat on their face, let alone have a momentary super power. Imagine a being that is uncoordinated, clumsy, and can barely walk to start with. Please, devs, this is a glaring and completely unrealistic situation. 

1 hour ago, Dantman40 said:

This new mechanic where zombies grab and pull the player down, and injures him, after falling over a fence or through a window,  has to go. It is absurd. I understand that the devs thought it was an "Exploit" that players could easily kill zombies as they fell over a fence or through a window, and wanted to fix it. But this is way too far in the opposite direction. It makes far more sense that a zombie should be extra vulnerable as they fall than that they should be extra deadly.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          A normal person with full senses is going to be disoriented from falling flat on their face, let alone have a momentary super power. Imagine a being that is uncoordinated, clumsy, and can barely walk to start with. Please, devs, this is a glaring and completely unrealistic situation. 

Imagine what falling means to something that potentially has all the strength of a human, determination of a starving animal, and an inability to feel pain, then tell me again how it’s unrealistic that said entity would try to take you down with it.

That aside, the wound comes from the fall. We’re just going to remove that to prevent confusion.  The over long reach is also a bug.

Zombies are dull witted and uncoordinated at their best. I get that they are determined, and don't feel pain or fear, but I stand by my position that however much they may want to take you down with them, they would be incapable of coordinated behavior while falling, a near impossible feat for much more coordinated living people, let alone a being that can only move and think on a primitive level.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I have fallen, and was completely disoriented during the instant it was happening. Instinctively throwing out my arms to catch myself was the limit of possible meaningful action, and I have far more coordination and awareness than a zombie. Falling equals being momentarily out of control. That is an even greater impediment to meaningful action, such as grabbing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Grabbing also requires keeping eyes on and visually following and tracking a target, while falling, a feat that only trained athletes can even attempt, and not with great success. Zombies have far less dexterity and awareness than living humans. Determined does not equal physically able. I also stand by my position that it is far more logical that a falling zombie should be extra vulnerable rather than extra powerful.

9 hours ago, Dantman40 said:

Zombies are dull witted and uncoordinated at their best. I get that they are determined, and don't feel pain or fear, but I stand by my position that however much they may want to take you down with them, they would be incapable of coordinated behavior while falling, a near impossible feat for much more coordinated living people, let alone a being that can only move and think on a primitive level.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I have fallen, and was completely disoriented during the instant it was happening. Instinctively throwing out my arms to catch myself was the limit of possible meaningful action, and I have far more coordination and awareness than a zombie. Falling equals being momentarily out of control. That is an even greater impediment to meaningful action, such as grabbing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Grabbing also requires keeping eyes on and visually following and tracking a target, while falling, a feat that only trained athletes can even attempt, and not with great success. Zombies have far less dexterity and awareness than living humans. Determined does not equal physically able. I also stand by my position that it is far more logical that a falling zombie should be extra vulnerable rather than extra powerful.

By no means am I saying the current implementation is perfect -- there's a good few bugs with it that we're working through. ... But:

PZ's zombies don't have to be totally uncoordinated or blind  -- I mean they're already bipedal, can track you at half the distance of a normal person, can grab you when upright or on the ground, and even manage stairs. They don't have to have less awareness than a goldfish, or the muscular density of a desiccated corpse.

It's no great leap to assume they can put a little extra oomph into their slouch and catch or knock you down if you're too close to them when they make it over a barrier.

I'm really not interested in people's head cannon -- how they justify zombies being a non-threat or a source of cheap kills. PZ's zombies don't have to match it: they can be their own thing.

I understand that you can't please everyone, and I don't want to seem like I don't appreciate your efforts, because I do, and you guys have created one of the best games going. I definitely  don't want to be the constant chronic complainer, because I know you guys are working hard. You are  doing something I never could, and you have my respect. But I want the game to be the best possible, and Its not about zombies being a non threat or a source of cheap kills. Its about them having a virtual super power that is beyond the capabilities of humans. They have the super power when they fall due to stumbling over a barrier but not when they fall due to being shoved by the player? 

On 3/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, Dantman40 said:

Its about them having a virtual super power that is beyond the capabilities of humans.

Have you ever seen or read any zombie related media?

They do things all the time that are beyond the capabilities of humans.

Stayin-alive.gif

• nasKo unpinned this topic