41.30 Crash on driving through fire station garage doors

Sigil

Had this issue multiple times since 41.30, 41.29 worked perfectly fine. Usually resets the cell with loss of items and some progress, but totally wrecked one of my saves beyond recovery.

Steps to reproduce:

Just spawn a few cars and try to park them through the rosewood fire station garage doors, most of the time it will crash.

Edit: feel free to send me an email if you need any additional information, logs or screenshots, but it *should* be easily reproducible since it happened repeatedly on a clean install with different cars and characters.

Edited by Sigil
Additional information added

7 hours ago, Sigil said:

Had this issue multiple times since 41.30, 41.29 worked perfectly fine. Usually resets the cell with loss of items and some progress, but totally wrecked one of my saves beyond recovery.

Steps to reproduce:

Just spawn a few cars and try to park them through the rosewood fire station garage doors, most of the time it will crash.

Edit: feel free to send me an email if you need any additional information, logs or screenshots, but it *should* be easily reproducible since it happened repeatedly on a clean install with different cars and characters.

Can't say I can reproduce this easily :(

Could you attempt this again and after a crash go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid on your computer. Find a file named "console.txt" and attach it to your next message. That should help to see what is causing the crash.

Ok stack trace tells me almost nothing 'cause I don't know what zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.updateInternal(IsoGameCharacter.java:8660) does.

But since you couldn't reproduce this easily I assume its something specific to my system config or hardware, so the most likely culprits would be:

4k resolution and/or GSYNC (most non-common things I can think of)

(or my JRE version?)

Here's a bunch of stuff including console logs, system info, display settings and a gif of the bug in action, hope it helps :)

BugInAction.gif

IngameDisplaySettings.png

OsInfo.PNG

SystemInfoSummary.PNG

GraphicsInfo.PNG

console.txt

Edited by Sigil
Additional information added

It seems like you guys rolled out a fresh hotfix patch right when I was trying to diagnose the problem so now I have no idea what worked :)

So, what did not work:

1) Disabling G-SYNC

2) Changing game resolution to 1080p and forcing my graphics card to output 1080p without scaling

3) Disable windows scaling from 175% to 100%

What did work:

Either 41.31 hotfix or updating to latest nvidia drivers (which unfortunately happened simultaneously, steam did not ask for my opinion x) )

Most likely it's 41.31, but I cannot confirm that without having a 41.30 build copy.

Either way it works now.

If you know the root cause and the bug is fixed in the latest patch, please let me know :)

Alternatively, you could give me a link to 41.30 build so I could verify which one worked

Edited by Sigil
typo