Can't launch game with since build 41.30

Sgt_Logan

Hi all,

I play from France.

Since the build 41.30 is installed, i can't launch the game with Steam.

The black windows with "download Lua" crash and nothing more....

I play in "iwillbackupmysave Build 41".

No mod installed.

I have verified all the game files with Steam and everything is OK.

I went back in build 39 with vehicles and the game starts normally.

I return in 41.30 and the game don't start anymore.

I haven't desinstalled the game yet and reinstalled it.

I don't want to lose my saves :-(

What's happen please ?

Thanks a lot for everything and all your work on this game.

Sgt_Logan

Edited by Sgt_Logan

Try going to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid on your computer. There you will find a file named "console.txt"
Attach or drag and drop the file to your next message, it will upload it here and we can have a look at it. It contains useful info that will help us figure out why the game does not start anymore.
Make sure to upload the "console.txt" after you try starting build 41 again, as the console.txt restarts every time you launch the game.

4 hours ago, The Bard said:

I also am having the same issue. When launching the game it starts loading LUA then drops me back at the desktop. Here is the console.txt

console.txt 157.29 kB · 2 downloads

Try going to your game folder "\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" and run the game using the ProjectZomboid32 exe or .bat as admin. Make sure to start it as an admin as that seems to be an issue with the most recent IWBUMS update.

Ok something weird is happening. When running in .BAT both 64 and 32 bit it would keep doing the same thing. after it logged out the command window had a lot of "recipe manager error cannot find source "X" in "Y". I unsubscribed to all the mods reinstalled and relaunched from steam and now it works only 1 time. However it only will launch 1 time and then after that it continues to do the same thing. If i uninstall and reinstall it will allow me to launch from steam 1 time then quit working. Any suggestions? anyone else having the same sort of issue?

6 hours ago, The Bard said:

Ok something weird is happening. When running in .BAT both 64 and 32 bit it would keep doing the same thing. after it logged out the command window had a lot of "recipe manager error cannot find source "X" in "Y". I unsubscribed to all the mods reinstalled and relaunched from steam and now it works only 1 time. However it only will launch 1 time and then after that it continues to do the same thing. If i uninstall and reinstall it will allow me to launch from steam 1 time then quit working. Any suggestions? anyone else having the same sort of issue?

Try going to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete the "mods" folder there. This will stop the mods from loading in, or any remnants from them at least.

HI.
I've been having the same 41.30 problem re: the crash at 'loading lua'. I've been loading via a 64bit batch file but now even thats stoppped working (sad face).
If I delete Mods I'll have to start a new game (very sad face). Is this the only way to get past the problem?

P.S. ❤️ this game (50 yr old here, don't play many games. First time using a key board to play a game. Played almost daily since 19th Dec. 

console.txt

I am also having the same problems above in 41.31 - I have no mods installed, never have, and I have tried running the 64 application as admin and verified the integrity of the game files and despite both of these the game still crashes at 'loading lua.' It was fine just a few weeks ago!

Edited by CaveCanem

15 hours ago, CaveCanem said:

I am also having the same problems above in 41.31 - I have no mods installed, never have, and I have tried running the 64 application as admin and verified the integrity of the game files and despite both of these the game still crashes at 'loading lua.' It was fine just a few weeks ago!

Can you share your console as well?

13 hours ago, CaveCanem said:

console.txt Here it is!

It looks like it is trying to load a cremation mod, BedfordFalls is also enabled?
Can you try doing the same fix as mentioned above? In your case just go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\" and rename the "SteamApps" folder to "steamapps" that should fix it.

12 hours ago, Beard said:

It looks like it is trying to load a cremation mod, BedfordFalls is also enabled?
Can you try doing the same fix as mentioned above? In your case just go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\" and rename the "SteamApps" folder to "steamapps" that should fix it.

Oh, I did forget about those mods! But I've already deleted the mods folder as a precautionary measure so I'm not sure what to do beyond that, and before any of this started my steamapps was already all lower case.steamapps.JPG.8ac9efa6c627519bada02a6799f01abd.JPG

Edited by CaveCanem

9 hours ago, CaveCanem said:

Oh, I did forget about those mods! But I've already deleted the mods folder as a precautionary measure so I'm not sure what to do beyond that, and before any of this started my steamapps was already all lower case.steamapps.JPG.8ac9efa6c627519bada02a6799f01abd.JPG

Hm, in that case can you try unsubscribing from both those mods and then restarting the Steam client? After that go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete the "mods" folder there as well. This should stop the mods loading at the start and having your Steam restarted will remove them from your PC, then you can just subscribe to them again and they should load properly now.