Disappearing lighter / Molotov bug 41.29

emmokoralek

Every time I equip a lighter and molotov and get in the car the lighter will always disapper when I get out of the car. Same if I equip molotov and lighter inside the car when I get out the lighter is gone. Molotov stays as primary equipped but lighter just vanishes into thin air. Please have a look at it if possible. Thanks

You most likely have the light hotkey on.  It's "F" by default it's hard to notice during the day; go into a closet or other windowless room with a flashlight and check; I've had the same issue when doing some spring cleaning with sirens.  The lighter is used as a light source as well with this hotkey.

Edited by Ravenim
Missing info.

13 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

When you equip a lighter it is automatically "on".

Seriously? Why did they do that? I'm sure it wasn't the case (some time) before. That explains everything... There's no way we can see it's on in bright day light.

Well, thanks for the tip.

3 minutes ago, Mork said:

Seriously? Why did they do that? I'm sure it wasn't the case (some time) before. That explains everything... There's no way we can see it's on in bright day light.

Well, thanks for the tip.

well, would you like to to have to go into your inventory, RMC the lighter, click on and THEN be able to use the Molotov?

Well... what I had to do to launch my molotov with the current version is:
- Go in my inventory, RMC to equip the molotov (I chose not to put it on shortcut), RMC to equipe the lighter

- Perform the attack

and if I understood your answer

- Think of turning off the lighter or unequip it, so it won't burn out

In a previous version, what I had to do was:

- Go in my inventory, RMC to equip the molotov, RMC to equipe the lighter
- Perform the attack

Therefore, I don't understand how the new version is better.

Edited by Mork
typo correction

16 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

for at least a couple of years.

Well, I'm confused... I was sure that it was not the case 2 or 3 month ago. If you are really sure of it, well... maybe I played differently back then. Maybe I used immediatly equipe another (two handed) weapon after throwing a molotov.