Combat in 41 - knives and oneshotting

hrot

So i started playing in newest 41 patch and in apocalypse mode combat is really hard/was nerfed especially knives.

Before you could one shot with knife and that was kind of OP but i think it was nerfed too hard.

Basically it's better to push zombies and stomp them when they are on the ground than use knife because even with 3lvl skill in short blades you more often than not break kitchen/butter knives before killing 1 zombie and chance for oneshot is really low.

Is there some balancing planned for that or not?

Also animations for knife attack looks really weird to me, especially stabbing zombies in a shoulder area.

EDIT: also with short blade skill maxed, is oneshot guaranteed then or not?

However, you STILL can do the One-shot knife attack, but now it has a slightly different procedure, and should only be used against lone Zed.

Let the Zed get as close as possible, then (normal) stab it once, which stops its shambling. But before it recovers and shambles back, take one step towards it and HOLD DOWN the attack button.

That'll trigger the ol' Knife-on-Neck attack.

However, be careful as sometimes the knife may slip off your hands and end up in the Zed's inventory.

• 2 weeks later...

I use knives quite often, you can easly kill zed with 2 or 3 hits. All you have to do is keep walking away from zed while lookin at it (right mouse), when it misses walk little bit to side and stab it so you stun lock (you can stunlock by just hitting zed and then walking around it, but this technique saves up your knife condition) it and than go to it's back and jaw stab it somehow. It is guaranteed 100% to kill zed from back, so with little practise you can kill almost anything that approaches you. Spoon or fork last for 3 hits, so 1 spoon is 1 kill

• 2 weeks later...

I just use spears. Spears are the new knife. It still makes you vulnerable when you are in the one hit kill animation but spears have a 2nd one hit kill animation that does not freeze the player in place. And you can put yourself farther from the enemy with the range on spears. If you can grind out a level or 2 And make sure your not fatigued or tired.  then you will one shot with good consistency.

Archived