Advanced audio settings

Koester

I'm not sure where to post this and I figured this would be the best place to get this seen. The advanced audio settings need to be worked on. Some of the sounds displayed there are terribly outdated with Build 41. For example, none of the newer zombie snarls are available. You only get to sample and adjust the old B40 ones, the ones that were discarded with B41. A few other sounds are missing, like the one when zombies tear a wooden door down. I have no way of adjusting their volumes. 

I checked every single sound available in the Advanced Audio Settings menu and I couldn't find them. I even went to check the sound files and could not pinpoint their location. I have no idea how you set up that pathing but it ain't right. 

7 hours ago, Koester said:

I'm not sure where to post this and I figured this would be the best place to get this seen. The advanced audio settings need to be worked on. Some of the sounds displayed there are terribly outdated with Build 41. For example, none of the newer zombie snarls are available. You only get to sample and adjust the old B40 ones, the ones that were discarded with B41. A few other sounds are missing, like the one when zombies tear a wooden door down. I have no way of adjusting their volumes. 

I checked every single sound available in the Advanced Audio Settings menu and I couldn't find them. I even went to check the sound files and could not pinpoint their location. I have no idea how you set up that pathing but it ain't right. 

Please do not misunderstand, but: you're aware that you need to click that "play sfx" button repeatedly to get the next variant of the same sound? 

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

Please do not misunderstand, but: you're aware that you need to click that "play sfx" button repeatedly to get the next variant of the same sound? 

I'm not stupid. Of course I've tried lol. Have you read my post at all? 

Edit : And before you ask, yes I did put it on Wumbo. I even tried to turn it off and turn it back on. There. 

Edited by Koester

It automatically displays any sound file in the banks, sound folder, and scripts. They do not necessarily all need to be used. I’m not aware of any missing sounds, but I suppose it’s possible it’s pulled from Lua in some archaic way that precludes it being included in the list or modified. But this is the first time I’m hearing that — I’d think it just has an unexpected name.

You can’t decompress or make banks without food studio, so you do not have access to those sounds via files.

20 hours ago, Koester said:

I'm not stupid. Of course I've tried lol. Have you read my post at all? 

Edit : And before you ask, yes I did put it on Wumbo. I even tried to turn it off and turn it back on. There. 

This is basically tech support - home of “is it plugged in?” and “have you tried turning it off then on?”

We wouldn’t ask if should-be-obvious things didn’t happen on the regular, even to us.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:23 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

It automatically displays any sound file in the banks, sound folder, and scripts. They do not necessarily all need to be used. I’m not aware of any missing sounds, but I suppose it’s possible it’s pulled from Lua in some archaic way that precludes it being included in the list or modified. But this is the first time I’m hearing that — I’d think it just has an unexpected name.

You can’t decompress or make banks without food studio, so you do not have access to those sounds via files.

I tried all of them multiple times. Even after writing this post.