Jump to content
elislavkat

please balance melee weapon

Recommended Posts

 item BaseballBat
    {
        MaxRange    =    1.4,

at the same time

 

 item HandAxe
    {
        MaxRange    =    1.4,

 

and there are many more such examples. Almost all weapons feel longer than their model and hurt when hit literally empty.

Because of this, fighting with zombies becomes either difficult (it is not clear where the optimal strike distance is) or easy, because allows you to keep zombies at a distance, although your usual weapons do not deserve it.

I already asked to make different control keys for the upper and lower blow, for different interactions with windows, etc.

The worst thing that can be with a game is when it does not act as you expect. (You want to hit a standing zombie, and you hit the ground, bend over and bite you.) It is very easy to die in the game because the character does not obey you, or does not obey the laws set by the developers.

I'm not talking about the balance of the weight of objects - to hell with it,

but please select a person who will deal with the balance, he does not need to be a programmer, because this is done so easily.
Truly yours, fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

It is very easy to die in the game because the character does not obey you

I agree so much with this, a character taking the decisions is one of the most annoying thing in a game especially in a game where a single mistake can end it all...

To avoid this it could be done like this: you hit what your cursor is on, your mouse cursor is on the zombie on the ground you hit the zombie on the ground, it's on the standing zombie you hit the standing zombie and if your cursor is not on a zombie close to you then your character decides.

Make this option facultative and everyone will be happy.

 

It could lead to a new system of combat based on what you hit, you hover the head you deal more damage but it will be more difficult because you have to be really accurate to hit this small target, you hover the legs you hit the legs and the zombie become a crawler, damn imagine if you could chop off legs, arms... okay I'm going too far I know...

Edited by Axezombie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Axezombie said:

I agree so much with this, a character taking the decisions is one of the most annoying thing in a game especially in a game where a single mistake can end it all...

To avoid this it could be done like this: you hit what your cursor is on, your mouse cursor is on the zombie on the ground you hit the zombie on the ground, it's on the standing zombie you hit the standing zombie and if your cursor is not on a zombie close to you then your character decides.

Make this option facultative and everyone will be happy.

 

It could lead to a new system of combat based on what you hit, you hover the head you deal more damage but it will be more difficult because you have to be really accurate to hit this small target, you hover the legs you hit the legs and the zombie become a crawler, damn imagine if you could chop off legs, arms... okay I'm going too far I know...

You’ve been too quick to blame the game alone for your mistakes and unwillingness to learn over the past few months.

 

What you described is more or less how it works, anyway. You attack the zombie on the ground when you face it (when the isometric cursor is on it) except when the speed of an approaching zombie is too fast for you to successfully make the hit, then you attack the charging zombie instead. Head shots already matter when they’re on the ground and stomping their legs already makes it more likely a crawler will result.

 

Take it out of the bug report section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Head shots already matter when they’re on the ground and stomping their legs already makes it more likely a crawler will result

I'm not talking about when they're on the ground, I'm talking about standing zombies, and I'm pretty sure having the cursor on zombies does nothing (except making sure you're facing the right direction) but I'll try again.

Edited by Axezombie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Axezombie said:

I'm not talking about when they're on the ground, I'm talking about standing zombies, and I'm pretty sure having the cursor on zombies does nothing (except making sure you're facing the right direction) but I'll try again.

 

15 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

You’ve been too quick to blame the game alone for your mistakes and unwillingness to learn over the past few months.

 

What you described is more or less how it works, anyway. You attack the zombie on the ground when you face it (when the isometric cursor is on it) except when the speed of an approaching zombie is too fast for you to successfully make the hit, then you attack the charging zombie instead. Head shots already matter when they’re on the ground and stomping their legs already makes it more likely a crawler will result.

 

Take it out of the bug report section.

yes, the isometric cursor doesn’t really feel like something that shows where my character will hit. There is always some kind of displacement (different for all weapons and not calculable) that needs to be taken into account, and even if you stomp a zombie directly on the head, you need to stomp a little to the side to kill it. The isometric cursor does not help but rather confuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 3:48 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Noted.


Please don’t include a lecture in future bug reports.

on is the ability to create mods without redefining the whole subject anew, but only redefining one (or how many) variables. For example, I change the capacity of the rifle store (3 rounds, is that a mistake?) And I need to create a new method in which to redefine all variables, and when you update the game by changing the rifle, my mod makes it worse, because did not have a definition for "belt attachment". I am writing with a translator, I apologize if the text has a lot of mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...