Stuttering

Eggtooth

Question

So after some time I seem to get stuttering regardless of mods I use. 

Hitching happens after some time driving around. It's a one second lag, everyone second, which makes game unplayable.

My Rig is Ryzen 5 1600, 16GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, Win 10.

5 answers to this question

On 2/22/2020 at 12:26 PM, Beard said:

This can be caused by an antivirus that keeps checking the save files that the game creates, if you have any antivirus, you can add an exception to it for the "Zomboid" folder found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\" and see if that fixes the stutter issue.

Nope, didn't help. It happened somewhere after two last updates, stutters even on vanilla now.

Can you go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and upload the "logs.zip" file from there? It would contain some useful information that we can check if there are any errors that would cause the stutters. You can just attach it to your next message.

I had that kind of issue too (on 41.29).

There was stuttering even on pause of the game and even if I restart the game via main menu.

Only after restarting both whole game client and Steam (I'm not sure what exactly affects) issue had gone.

By pause I mean game pause when you can still type text in chat or console and move ingame windows. The game freezes every ~50 seconds (about that).

P.S. I have no antivirus.

This can be caused by an antivirus that keeps checking the save files that the game creates, if you have any antivirus, you can add an exception to it for the "Zomboid" folder found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\" and see if that fixes the stutter issue.

Archived