Food freezing in winter.

Nebula

28 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

Yep, it's a reccuring suggestion and I guess it wouldn't be too hard for devs to do it, if(temp<0){ do freezeFood()}, done, hire me TIS

I wish.

Every food item that’s outside and on the floor would have to be added to a queue on load in and tracked in RAM,l (like how rain gathering containers, towels, and compost bins work now) if you didn’t want everything found in winter just to be fully frozen w/o the ability to thaw/rot or having to estimate what happened when it was unloaded (which always gets weird).

Easy would be just using a specific box to do it instead.

How well would this work in reality, though? Just wondering, because the sun does a pretty good job of thawing things near the surface of the snow layer. 

Burying a box in a couple feet of snow probably work, though? Reflective + insulating. But, Kentucky gets little snow and has pretty warm winters. Or maybe in shade with an old fridge / freezer could manage it.

Buring in the ground probably wouldn’t work as only the first two or three  Inches would get near freezing.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I wish.

Every food item that’s outside and on the floor would have to be added to a queue on load in and tracked in RAM,l (like how rain gathering containers, towels, and compost bins work now) if you didn’t want everything found in winter just to be fully frozen w/o the ability to thaw/rot or having to estimate what happened when it was unloaded (which always gets weird).

Easy would be just using a specific box to do it instead.

How well would this work in reality, though? Just wondering, because the sun does a pretty good job of thawing things near the surface of the snow layer. 

Burying a box in a couple feet of snow probably work, though? Reflective + insulating. But, Kentucky gets little snow and has pretty warm winters. Or maybe in shade with an old fridge / freezer could manage it.

Buring in the ground probably wouldn’t work as only the first two or three  Inches would get near freezing.

Wouldn't putting a freezer or cooler outside work? Just throw some fresh snow/ice into it if its a particular sunny day. During the night even the inside of the cooler would cool down eventhough its isolated and then during the day it would stay kinda cold.

4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

But, Kentucky gets little snow and has pretty warm winters. Or maybe in shade with an old fridge / freezer could manage it.

Sorry, but this is more like an excuse ... 

With the same success you can:
- Why can a character read books and magazines in total darkness?
Answer: Because Kentucky nights are too bright.

Or else like this:
- Because some people in Kentucky have cat-like vision ...
Well this is generally nonsense to be honest with this perk! Ahaha. X-Men literally ... LOL.

During my game experience (sandbox), the temperature in winter was always below zero Celsius ... and this is sorry for freezing everything and everyone, even during the day oddly enough. I agree, but if the sun falls to the surface, then the temperature of the object will be above the freezing point, but this will not happen in the shade.

Edited by Nebula

Also, items could switch to 'refrigerated' state when the temperature doesn't quite reach freezing temp.

Having to craft a specific external food storage or something for this would be totally fine imo, if it's possible to implement that way.

Edited by crossed

1 hour ago, Nebula said:

Sorry, but this is more like an excuse ... 

With the same success you can:
- Why can a character read books and magazines in total darkness?
Answer: Because Kentucky nights are too bright.

Or else like this:
- Because some people in Kentucky have cat-like vision ...
Well this is generally nonsense to be honest with this perk! Ahaha. X-Men literally ... LOL.

That’s a nonsensical response. Do I even have to explain why for you, or are you done?

1 hour ago, crossed said:

Also, items could switch to 'refrigerated' state when the temperature doesn't quite reach freezing temp.

Yeah, that’d work.