DiederikV's Tile Palooza

DiederikV

Edited this post to also house the link to the mod and stuff:

So, I've just released my mod on the steam workshop. This mod contains a bunch of tile sets (at this point only ones made by me) and the tile definitions for those tilesets https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2337452747

The tilesets which are included in this mod can be downloaded here on google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OCKLNmHbpBMtf0eOvN5nDoyGRtt-VfME?usp=sharing

If you want to use these simply put them in you 2x tiles folder and subscribe to the mod. (everyone playing your map will also need to subscribe otherwise the tiles won't work for them) And of course provide credit when you do use em. I will keep making more tilesets and I will add them to the drive and the mod when they are ready. I may update existing tile sets but I will not rearrange anything as not to break a bunch of stuff.

I've also just set up a Patreon. Account, no clue how the thing works but I'll try to make good use of it.

If you wish to support my work, I appreciate it: https://www.patreon.com/DaddyDirkieDirk

OG post:

I plan on making a bunch of tiles sets to expand on the tile sets that are currently in game. By doing this I hope you will all get to make even more exciting places to discover in the future. It may not be going fast but I hope to keep working on it going forward.

Tile set roadmap:
-Bedroom sets. I want to make bunch of bedroom sets that each include a bunch of objects to better dress the bedroom. (Finished, may need to change contrast though)
-Kitchen sets. more cabinets, tables, chairs stuff like that. (WIP, Counters are done
-Doors (1 door sheet is done)
-Bathroom set, I made a test for this but I want to properly add a bunch.
-Outside wall/floor tiles?
-The Arcadian,Arcade hall tile set (Actually almost finished with the machines)
-Sofa king, Sofa store tile set.

Down below is a WIP shot of the template I will be using for the bedrooms, every bedroom will have a single and double bed, different cabinets, closet, shelves and a TV stand.

unknown.png?width=442&height=820

Edited by DiederikV

So, second one is basically done. I really though I´d be able to finish these quicker but what can you do.

Bedrooms are kinda boring to make so maybe I´ll do 1 more with different door knobs and such and then maybe a color variation

Second_Bedroom_Tileset.PNG

*Edit, I may up the contrast a bit on this second one.

Edited by DiederikV

Ill post an update of the bedroom furniture stuff, I have about 5 tile sets finished now. But first, kitchen counters. these are just recolors, I really didn't feel like redrawing everything When all I wanted was to change colors.

Kitchen_Counters.PNG

The 2 on their own I just added a hanging cabinet, the counter is vanilla.

Edited by DiederikV

Ideas for tiles :

• Powerline poles
  • Gutters
  • Manholes
  • Window AC Units
  • Those things that stick out the top of your roof to vent the attic.
  • Alternate door styles
    • Pocket door (slides into wall)
    • Folding closet door
    • Exterior doors with doggie doors
  • Water bed
  • Textured stone countertops.
  • Kitchen countertop backsplashes.
  • More clutter to put on countertops like toaster, toaster ovens, blenders, spice racks, wine racks, drying racks.
  • Handicap parking only signs
  • Bedroom clutter like clothes pile on floor or hamper.
  • Big 3 tile entertainment centers. TV in center with cabinets on either side. 

13 hours ago, Ciber Ninja said:

Ideas for tiles :

• Powerline poles
  • Gutters
  • Manholes
  • Window AC Units
  • Those things that stick out the top of your roof to vent the attic.
  • Alternate door styles
    • Pocket door (slides into wall)
    • Folding closet door
    • Exterior doors with doggie doors
  • Water bed
  • Textured stone countertops.
  • Kitchen countertop backsplashes.
  • More clutter to put on countertops like toaster, toaster ovens, blenders, spice racks, wine racks, drying racks.
  • Handicap parking only signs
  • Bedroom clutter like clothes pile on floor or hamper.
  • Big 3 tile entertainment centers. TV in center with cabinets on either side. 

Powerline poles should be rather easy but probably a pain to put in game. (For what I know you can't make multiple height objects)
Next will probably doors, just the vanilla doors though. If I get them to work I may look into different door styles.

Do you have a reference image for the countertops you'd like? This would probably be an easy one.
For counter tops, IF I get the container overlay working I hope to design some stuff for it. Example: if the counter if full with goodies stuff will stand on top. If not its empty.

Entertainment centers would probably be cool. It won't work as one big object but as I still want to do living rooms I could definetly keep this in mind. (Probably only make it for the tiles that you are facing them. When looking at the back it will most likely only obstruct vision.

• 8 months later...
On 11/28/2020 at 9:13 AM, Asilar said:

This is nice ! Is it for real ? I mean, does the "cliffs" blocks passage ? Is it "real" height or optic illusion due to perspective and Isometric 3D ?

It's an optical illusion to perceive height, or as I like to call it, the "Age of Empires" Technique.

As for passing through them, it wouldn't be to hard to set these tiles to walls in all intensive purposes, meaning movement could be impeded.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:50 AM, EnvyDemon said:

I really hate to be that guy, but do we know when we'll get access to at least some of the tiles?

I really want to use those walls in a project, I'm not going to lie.

Im slowly working on more stuff but im okey with anybody having them. Thing is that if you want to use them right now they will be delivered as is. I havent set up the in-game stuff for it yet (the tile settings). Most of them are just png's at this point. 
I'd prefer if you want to use some of them to send me a pm on Discord (Daddy Dirkiedirk#0338) or if you don't have discord PM me here. (I often forget to check these forums so reply is probably slower)

Edited by DiederikV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I've just released my mod on the steam workshop. This mod contains a bunch of tile sets (at this point only ones made by me) and the tile definitions for those tilesets https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2337452747

The tilesets which are included in this mod can be downloaded here on google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OCKLNmHbpBMtf0eOvN5nDoyGRtt-VfME?usp=sharing

If you want to use these simply put them in you 2x tiles folder and subscribe to the mod. (everyone playing your map will also need to subscribe otherwise the tiles won't work for them) And of course provide credit when you do use em. I will keep making more tilesets and I will add them to the drive and the mod when they are ready. I may update existing tile sets but I will not rearrange anything as not to break a bunch of stuff.

I've also just set up a Patreon. Account, no clue how the thing works but I'll try to make good use of it.

If you wish to support my work, I appreciate it: https://www.patreon.com/DaddyDirkieDirk