[7 min VIDEO] Build 41 Thoughts and Suggestions (After 90 Hours)

Auklin

2 hours ago, Arsenal26 said:

hmm...  Insta-Kills = suicide...

inb4 someone says it's your fault for getting surrounded... without realizing the flaw in the control logic.

Kinda his fault yeah, you know it's a special attack which is going to take more time than a normal attack so obviously don't do it if there are 2 zombies too close to each other.

Other than that I totally agree with the clunky movments

4:57 I think is the best example, it only requires two zombies for this to happen. 

I was just trying to demonstrate the problem with those clips, I learned after leveling my spear to 5 and getting lacerated when fighting two random zombies that I should switch weapon types if I want to stay alive. Up to that point, I was able to work with it, but there's always that risk that weapons without critical strike animations simply don't have.

Anticipating how long something takes is normal for any game.

Getting tired of this being treated as unique, especially by the same people that made their grievances known multiple times, now. 

Not you specificity, OP. Good video - lots of good thoughts and attention to detail, but you do recognize in the beginning of the video that it’s more a disagreement between how you think it should work (much faster turn arounds, for example) and how it does work (picking the right mode for maneuvering, not sneak, and respecting the distance from zeds).

The clip early on was demonstrating bathroom zombies suddenly popping in from what I remember, not just how bad an idea it is to turn into a wall while sneaking. Even with faster animations, he’d be dead.

Will go through the rest a bit later.

Edit: the core principle is that you fight one zombie at a time outside of possible high level moves later on. The spear acting the way it does is effectively a bug (both hitting multiple zombies and hitting them when they’re no where near each other). You know why you died there - not just because the crit got you stuck in place, but because you were being enveloped by a bunch of zombies anyway.

Holding the attack key for crits does sound interesting, though. That makes sense.

Instead of press/hold...  How about hold/release ?  this would work for controllers because far as I can tell, they initiate on release... so it would depend on whether the hold time is a tap or a hold.... sort of like powering up in some games for critical attack...