New Zombies and Zombie Evolution

Fantasminha

We need more zombie diversity. 

Fat zombies would be slow but very resistant to damage (mostly blunt damage) and would be very hard to push. 

Strong zombies would have normal speed, vision etc... but are very strong, so they hold the player much better than common zombies, making hard to escape, and deal more damage to the player and structures.   

Recently infected would be very fast, have good vision, hearing and smell, with time they become common zombie and then weak zombie.

weak zombie are, well weak, they have the lowest stats and are very easy to kill (this already have in the game, but the player cant manage to know who is who)

Observation: Zombies could become more rotten with time. recently infected would have a white/red color, common zombies the green color and the weak zombies a yellowish to black color. 

now about the zombie evolution: the zombies could become a little smart with time, like faking dead corpses waiting for player to aproach (already have in the game but only during fights), zombies making less noise to make surprise attacks. Attack with more frequency barricated windows and doors. Making giant hordes on streets to stop moving cars or even trying to jump on the car hood. Attacking a weak spot, like attack a window instead a barricated one. This zombie smartness could be desativated by the player on the custom sandbox option. 

I too would like to see a greater deal of diversity amongst the zombies to make things a little more interesting, but like with all things, the devil is in the details. Its important for me to underscore that in the "Commonly Suggested Suggestions," thread the development team have gone ahead and confirmed they will not be adding:

[n]    "Special" Infected or any type of superhuman zombies

All right so what does this mean? Well it doesn't necessarily discount the idea of your fat zombies, and perhaps not your strong zombies, provided these traits are incumbent on how the person was prior to undergoing reanimation rather than it being by virtue of the zombie virus itself giving them these abilities. I could see this coming if/when the developers choose to add more body types to reflect your weight and nutritional status in the game (you'd see muscular characters, fat characters, skinny characters etc.) and their respective zombie forms would thereby possess these traits for a time at least, before the process of decomposition would likely eliminate these depending on the zombie lore settings you're using. Not much is known about the developers' plans regarding said body types being implemented, near as I can tell, however searching through the Discord I see references to them considering some "mesh morphing," method to accomplish it.

Also regarding your other suggestion

Zombies could become more rotten with time. recently infected would have a white/red color, common zombies the green color and the weak zombies a yellowish to black color. 

zombiiiies.pngA system akin to this is already in place, however I don't know that it matches what you're looking for. Nevertheless I think its pretty good, don't you think?

In any case, some of your more ambitious ideas regarding the evolution seem to clash with the developers' view for the game.

7 hours ago, Fantasminha said:

Strong zombies would have normal speed, vision etc... but are very strong, so they hold the player much better than common zombies, making hard to escape, and deal more damage to the player and structures.   

Recently infected would be very fast, have good vision, hearing and smell, with time they become common zombie and then weak zombie.

weak zombie are, well weak, they have the lowest stats and are very easy to kill (this already have in the game, but the player cant manage to know who is who)

Observation: Zombies could become more rotten with time. recently infected would have a white/red color, common zombies the green color and the weak zombies a yellowish to black color. 

I think all of this is in the game already 🤔

8 hours ago, 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚞 said:

Also regarding your other suggestion

zombiiiies.pngA system akin to this is already in place, however I don't know that it matches what you're looking for. Nevertheless I think its pretty good, don't you think?

In any case, some of your more ambitious ideas regarding the evolution seem to clash with the developers' view for the game.

I didnt know about the rotting skin thing and is very cool just like i imagined. I just hope that is not only for visuals and have a gameplay mechanic too.  

Edited by Fantasminha

2 hours ago, trombonaught said:

I think all of this is in the game already 🤔

Not quite, with time the zombies become weak and have less movement and sprint, only becoming a treat when in very big hordes. About the rotting thing there will be visuals aspects added to the game in future builds, i just hope they add a gameplay mechanic with this too. maybe the fat and strong are a bit to much for ask but the recently infected could be a true treat to players when the NPCs are added to the game.

On 2/19/2020 at 3:47 AM, Fantasminha said:

I didnt know about the rotting skin thing and is very cool just like i imagined. I just hope that is not only for visuals and have a gameplay mechanic too.  

In so far as decay is concerned, I think as long as you have it enabled in the settings, decay will weaken the zombies. And since the appearance should reflect the degree of decay they have, it would then follow that the more rotted it appears, the weaker the zombie is. I don't actually know if this is the case for sure though, you can test it out in game if you tinker with the zombie lore settings to ensure that decay is on.