Advanced zombies

Dantman40

In the original NOTLD and the remake, and the first seasons of TWD a few zombies seemed to have retained a little more mental capabilities. A few of them picked up rocks and other objects and used them to smash windows. The little girl zombie used a trowel to kill her mother. If I recall correctly, a few turned or tried to turn doorknobs. Some definitely appeared to be more  aware than most.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Several of them appeared to try to return to familiar places. In the original Dawn of the Dead they flooded the mall because it was familiar from life. In Day of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, and Land of the Dead one or two of them attempted, unsuccessfully, to use firearms. Excuse me, Bub successfully used a gun. I think incorporating zombie  behavior based on imitating life, and seeking out familiar places, would be interesting.