[Suggestion] Bring Creepy Ambient music back! Play at Night!

Eggtooth

I've noticed in game that the ambient songs such as...

Ambient: Brass,

Ambient: Zombie,

Ambient: Rhytmic,

Ambient: Percussive, 

Ambient: Creepy, 

Ambient: Intense

...are still present but not used.

I had a suggestion to the devs on how you can use them again. So basically my suggestion is - make them play exclusively at night when player is awake, overriding any and all other music tables in game!

Now there's a reason for that, and it's simple: these ambients make gameplay at night terrifying! I've modified myself the MusicChoices.lua file to include these ambients only and played a night to see how it would work.

I really, really felt the atmosphere shoot through the roof with these in the background. I was actually terrified to enter any building and seeing hordes, having the Intense ambient in background made it so much more impactful and fun. I'd also say kind of scary in fact. They bring out the horror aspect of PZ quite nicely.

So TL;DR:

- Make the unused ambients play only at night, from 23:00 (11PM) to 6:00 AM, overriding any other music track. Past 6:00AM, music goes back to normal music. 

Please devs?

Yeah I always wanted the exact same thing. 

In build 40 one of the ambient songs was still on the playlist and it was always super creepy when it kicked in at night. I'm a little sad that the game seem to moved away from trying to create a creepy atmosphere.

So +100 to this idea :D

Edited by crossed

9 minutes ago, crossed said:

Yeah I always wanted the exact same thing. I'm a little sad that the game seem to moved away from trying to create a creepy atmosphere. +100 to this idea :D

Did they explicitly state they want to move away from creepy atmosphere? If so that's actually a bummer..

7 minutes ago, Eggtooth said:

Did they explicitly state they want to move away from creepy atmosphere? If so that's actually a bummer..

No but a lot of older songs have this creepy vibe to them but their reworked versions and new songs don't. It just seem like that to me..

Edited by crossed