Sudden injury, getting worse every few seconds until death?

fvonb

Question

So I was just setting up my first safehouse. Was cleaning up the cardboards and moving inventory from A to B when suddenly I get that minor injury and slight pain notification. I check if I can use a bandage, nope, apparently I am not bleeding. I move on with my inventory management when the symbol is blinking and it got worse. Now it's a medium injury or something like that. Every few seconds it gets worse and worse and then 2 minutes later I am dead. What happened?

I had a zombie fight a day before where I got slightly injured, was I infected somehow?

Is it possible that you accidentally drank bleach? (It's more common than you'd think!)

I did drink bleach. Accidentally AND on purpose. My character died almost instantly. Day 11, all build up nice and slow. Damn Devs got me! +15 Happiness! -40 Thirst! So stupid. I admit I thought about it a few seconds - but hey..total fail.

So I went into slight damage around the time I was hurt by a zombie. I went into pain but I wasn't marked as hurt on my health menu so I guess it was one of those non-lethal hits. I took a pain killer and he never went back into pain again. It has been three days, I can't heal above slight damage and he won't get sick nor as I said earlier won't go into pain. Initially he got nervous but it went away. Now he goes into terrified when sleeping just to have the moodle gradually go away while hes up throughout the day. I keep losing health constantly and once I see the injured icon appear I eat something and my health goes back up to "full" very quickly under slightly fed. I kept the save file because I want to see if I get a fever/any pain whatsoever and nothing is happening. I just keep losing health.

Is it possible that you accidentally drank bleach? (It's more common than you'd think!)

I did drink bleach. Accidentally AND on purpose. My character died almost instantly. Day 11, all build up nice and slow. Damn Devs got me! +15 Happiness! -40 Thirst! So stupid. I admit I thought about it a few seconds - but hey..total fail.

I also drank the bleach intentionally because the stats said nothing negative. Personally, I find this to be deceptive and problematic. If it can kill me, then why doesn't it say so? My only reason for having consumed it in the first place was that there were no negative stats, which I assumed meant that the developers simply hadn't included a negative effect yet. Perhaps it was my own fault for not having done research, though I'd appreciate it if a note of warning were included in the item description.

I also drank the bleach intentionally because the stats said nothing negative. Personally, I find this to be deceptive and problematic. If it can kill me, then why doesn't it say so? My only reason for having consumed it in the first place was that there were no negative stats, which I assumed meant that the developers simply hadn't included a negative effect yet. Perhaps it was my own fault for not having done research, though I'd appreciate it if a note of warning were included in the item description.

Saw the bleach, exermined it, figured that it is drinkable. Tought like; i am not Michael Jackson, who would wanna drink that? You guys made my day, rofl :D

The game aims to be realistic, use basic logic with most decisions. I think there should never be a warning about dangerous stuff, if the player is silly enough to do something dangerous then they must live with that choice. (or die with it)

I think there should be a warning on bleach, because there are warnings on stuff like bleach in real life. See, it's there for a reason  :evil:

Although I kinda like it the way it is at the moment. No warnings on bleach -> more not very bright people drinking it -> more WTF WHY DID I DIE FIX THIS AT ONCE at the forums -> lulz

Although I kinda like it the way it is at the moment. No warnings on bleach -> more not very bright people drinking it -> more WTF WHY DID I DIE FIX THIS AT ONCE at the forums -> lulz

Pretty much why I want no warnings. 

So I went into slight damage around the time I was hurt by a zombie. I went into pain but I wasn't marked as hurt on my health menu so I guess it was one of those non-lethal hits. I took a pain killer and he never went back into pain again. It has been three days, I can't heal above slight damage and he won't get sick nor as I said earlier won't go into pain. Initially he got nervous but it went away. Now he goes into terrified when sleeping just to have the moodle gradually go away while hes up throughout the day. I keep losing health constantly and once I see the injured icon appear I eat something and my health goes back up to "full" very quickly under slightly fed. I kept the save file because I want to see if I get a fever/any pain whatsoever and nothing is happening. I just keep losing health.

Please never use comic sans again.

But… it's bleach? Use of common sense is required. PZ is a game that very intentionally wants you to think. It's not a twitch gaming railroading experience like most games today, and it doesn't make any apologies for that.