Sudden injury, getting worse every few seconds until death?

fvonb

Question

So I was just setting up my first safehouse. Was cleaning up the cardboards and moving inventory from A to B when suddenly I get that minor injury and slight pain notification. I check if I can use a bandage, nope, apparently I am not bleeding. I move on with my inventory management when the symbol is blinking and it got worse. Now it's a medium injury or something like that. Every few seconds it gets worse and worse and then 2 minutes later I am dead. What happened?

I had a zombie fight a day before where I got slightly injured, was I infected somehow?

kinda happened to me too one time but in my case i had too much items in my inventory so i kinda broke all of my bones and then died without even beeing close to a zombie 

That could be it, having way too much stuff apparently hurts you?

kinda happened to me too one time but in my case i had too much items in my inventory so i kinda broke all of my bones and then died without even beeing close to a zombie 

That could be it, having way too much stuff apparently hurts you?

yeah i guess but i don't think that 10 bullets and some chips would do that xD

That actually happened to me quite alot. Can't say for sure if you're geting that because you're overloaded. Several times I got "fatality minor injury" that killed me in few moments in begining of the game where I had almost nothing on me :\

Also I've got bitten by zombie before and you are not dying that fast. If you were bitten you first start bleeding and then getting injury + pain. Even if I wasn't bleening I could use bandage on me and eat some food to heal up, but in that case you can't do anything really.

I don't think its over loaded. when I was looking for a good place to make safe house only wearing a bat pants t-shirt  and 2 things of chips. walking around I somehow got hurt and slowly died. I check to see what was wrong but nothing popped up on my body check. just my hp was slowly going down by the sec. maybe its a bug.

Having this problem aswell to a degree where I can't live past more than 2-3 days - sometimes even less. Tried dying from this only 9 hours in.

From my experience it doesn't matter if you're carrying a lot or a little - I've had most of my spontanious deaths happen with no over-loaded icon appear, and even if I drop everything it still continues.
It doesn't matter if you're inside or outside, as I've had the injury come while standing still in a bedroom, and while crossing a patch of grass. In general, it doesn't matter what you do. I've had this happen in ALL my 7-8 attempts at playing this.

There's no injury showing up when I examine my health, other than overall health dropping rapidly. Pain and injury icons are showing, and I can cure the pain with painkillers, but the injury still gets worse. I seem to remember that sleeping doesn't help either, but I'm testing that atm.

Are you playing the PAID version or the demo version on Steam? Did you try te demo before you got the paid version? Gonna need you to answer these questions before I can help you- it sure sounds like you've got te automatic infection that happens on the demo version.

I'm playing the paid version, yes, and no, I didn't play the demo before buying it.
Besides, as it said above, the damage applied is much, much faster than infection. You don't get sick or anything either. It simply says that you have an injury, slight pain, and then your healthbar starts to drop rapidly untill you die.

happened to me again but not because of too much items. I destroyed 1 window bandaged it and ate alot of food then suddently my character was in pain (never been close to a zombie) and i ate again and got minor injuries and i thought that maybe rest would fix it but no she died in her sleep (no zombie breaking in)

Having this problem aswell to a degree where I can't live past more than 2-3 days - sometimes even less. Tried dying from this only 9 hours in.

From my experience it doesn't matter if you're carrying a lot or a little - I've had most of my spontanious deaths happen with no over-loaded icon appear, and even if I drop everything it still continues.

It doesn't matter if you're inside or outside, as I've had the injury come while standing still in a bedroom, and while crossing a patch of grass. In general, it doesn't matter what you do. I've had this happen in ALL my 7-8 attempts at playing this.

There's no injury showing up when I examine my health, other than overall health dropping rapidly. Pain and injury icons are showing, and I can cure the pain with painkillers, but the injury still gets worse. I seem to remember that sleeping doesn't help either, but I'm testing that atm.

I've re-played saved run for about 15 times where I died only because of sudden "minor injury". As I get it, sometimes it a bug connected with damage you're taking or going to take. Once I had "dooming minor injury" when I broke window with bare hands. Another time I got it when zombie bit me, I bandaged myself but died anyway. Other than that it seems to be happening pretty random. You can't do anything about it but just put all your items into bag (if you have one) and put it somewhere you remember and come back for items with a new char.

Tau you aren't playing the demo are you? Or did you perhaps try the demo before buying the game?

I've tryed demo version before buying one. Can't see connection here, but you trying to say I should try and delete demo version? Or delete them both and reinstall paid one?

Is it possible that you accidentally drank bleach? (It's more common than you'd think!)

I didn't see any negative stats for drinking bleach :D However I did drink it once or twice. But most of the times I died before I can get to the bleach.

It's similar to what happens if you drink bleach, but it has been happening without having done it. Ironically, though, as soon as i posted this, the problem seems to have gone on it's own, and I now have a happily ( well, actually probably not ) living survivor at day 15 =)
I'll let you guys know if it shows up again.

Yeah theres definitely a problem here. It happened gradually, I been surviving up to the point I need to wear sweaters. It was starting to happen when I got cold while sleeping at night. I thought it was because of it getting colder and getting drenched in rain. I'm now wearing a sweater and I been getting fully sick consistently and instantaneously. I am now getting sick for the third time in a row. I have yet to let myself die from ever getting sick yet though.

But its so much more frequent then it ever was in previous updates. I used to get drenched all the time and I very rarely got sick (I'm not talking about a cold BTW, the fever sickness). I guess it was just luck related. However these last 3 times I gotten a fever, I never got wet.

Also now that I reread that, I'm not sure what you mean by " If you're not dying," Do you mean as unavoidable death or the fact that your losing health in the first place because as I said above I think I'm only not dying because I keep eating food to keep the health from dropping too far down.

Keep an eye on this please, and let it know if it happens again. I'm tracking one or two cases of this at the moment but having trouble pinning it down. Try to remember everything you're doing before it happens. Thanks!

I had this happen to me as well. Before going to sleep I ate a bowl of potato salad. I got sick just

seconds after clicking YES (for sleeping). My character had a rough time and almost died in his

sleep. But hours later his health picked up and he woke up like normal (with the terrified moodle).

I did the same thing the next night and got the same results. I went to bed at 22:00 and woke up

at around 07:00. During that time the character goes through what looks like the zombiefication

process. He gets sick, almost dies, gets better, wakes up feeling terrified but with the OK status

and full health.  

When I did this I was around 2 weeks in. I have noticed that some food doesn't display the "rotten"

attribute, even if they are in fact rotten. Can't say for sure if them bowls I ate were rotten or not

but I don't think so.

After this (near death experience) I haven't eaten that food again and so far it's all good. I haven't

experienced this again. I hope you can track down the culprit now?

Edit:

I have read the entire thread now. Is it possible that you people who are experiencing this also had

some potato salad (or something else served in a bowl) when the injury appeared? Or something

rotten perhaps?

For reference: I'm on the latest Steam Beta build. I didn't drink bleach, and I'm not playing the demo.