Raven Creek

DavidBlane

• 3 weeks later...

Truly a masterpiece of a map, action packed for sure. 8-)

Had a small bug though, when I moved south from the big health clinic in the suburbs into the neighbourhood (moving south east) the houses and the zombies would dissapear with only the ground texture visible. Was kinda frighting as the invisible undead would still approach me. Everything was fine as i moved back north though.

Anybody else has had this happen?

Edited by PizzaGrinder

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:44 PM, PizzaGrinder said:

Truly a masterpiece of a map, action packed for sure. 8-)

Had a small bug though, when I moved south from the big health clinic in the suburbs into the neighbourhood (moving south east) the houses and the zombies would dissapear with only the ground texture visible. Was kinda frighting as the invisible undead would still approach me. Everything was fine as i moved back north though.

Anybody else has had this happen?

Thanks for the feedback! This is the first time I read about such a problem. I had something similar and solved it by restarting my computer. I don't know if this will help, but you can try.

• 2 weeks later...

You have very strange issues in one of the houses. There is a room, which is accessible, only by jumping from balcony to balcony. There is a door, but a wall blocking it. And if open that door from a room, simply falls to first floor and break bones. I'll add picture in attachment.

Screenshot from 2020-12-29 00-06-32.png

Since I discovered this map, I haven't spawned anywhere else. It's freakin' great. The original maps now feel kind of amateurish-- the density of this map has a "real" feel to it and many places automatically suggest a kind of story. It has a great mix of urban, suburban, and rural.

Despite the design for action, I've found that with the right sandbox settings (on b41), this actually makes a great survival map, with few nearby places to just hole up without being threatened. There are some places where there are already fields of crops-- but without help, you will drag yourself down tending to them all. A lot of new gameplay emerges, especially depending upon where you spawn.

It definitely is cruel with some of the spawns, especially with a cop character spawning near the downtown police station-- (using mods) has pistol and longarm in inventory, but they're completely unequipped and unloaded. I'm lunch in seconds.

Thanks for your feedback. It is very pleasant to read that people like the map, especially when they write such a detailed review. This map uses the work of many people from the forum who wanted to bring something of their own to the PZ, I tried to combine it all in one city, perhaps that's why it seems that the original map (which was created by only a few, if not even one person) looks more simple. As for hard spawning, it was initially safer, but I was asked to add more spawn, and make it more appropriate according to the chosen profession. It seems to me that it has become more difficult, but also more interesting.

On 1/24/2021 at 6:20 AM, DavidBlane said:

Thanks for your feedback. It is very pleasant to read that people like the map, especially when they write such a detailed review. This map uses the work of many people from the forum who wanted to bring something of their own to the PZ, I tried to combine it all in one city, perhaps that's why it seems that the original map (which was created by only a few, if not even one person) looks more simple. As for hard spawning, it was initially safer, but I was asked to add more spawn, and make it more appropriate according to the chosen profession. It seems to me that it has become more difficult, but also more interesting.

I think it works out pretty well. There is one spawn that is basically pointless, though-- that's for a cop, and spawning near the downtown police station. It's not the station in the NE of the city, and not the one with the huge parking lot, near The Drake. Because the character may spawn with equipment for the profession (per a mod), or even just the baseball bat in a backpack, they are going to be dead in seconds, because they are unarmed and surrounded.

The other thing I discovered is that there's really no way in or out of the town with a vehicle (vehicle wrecks have gummed up the gate), unless you spawn in the truck stop. I've turned it into a mission to get a trailer from the outside of the gate to my safehouse.. tremendous fun!

Editing to add: the police station I mentioned is kind of in the center of town, East of the river. The spawn is between two black wrought iron fences-- you're pretty much instantly doomed there. I didn't realize it, but there is an additional "doomed" spawn for a cop. I'm not sure where it is, but you begin on a corner-- I assume outside a police station that I can't identify-- there's like a small plaza area with a planter in the middle. If you start there, you'll be dead pretty quickly.

Edited by Kauffy
Adding "bad" spawn locations..

On 1/25/2021 at 5:14 AM, Samuraii said:

How do I download a map so that I can know what is where?

Look in the workshop description-- there is a HUGE bitmap image of the entire city (similar to what is on the online map)-- except nothing is marked, so if you can't figure out what it is by zooming, go check it out.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

535719708_aaa.thumb.png.dddf852af56901f1711a55a56287aea8.png

Я получил много ошибок в этом месте и не мог никак сесть в свой автомобиль. После нескольких попыток сесть - игра крашнулась. Когда перезашёл в игру - тоже самое. Вытолкал другой машиной свою и только тогда смог сесть. Не знаю в чём проблема. Но этот кусок карты дико нагружает комп. 

Edited by Nazarito22

On 6/19/2021 at 1:11 PM, Nazarito22 said:

535719708_aaa.thumb.png.dddf852af56901f1711a55a56287aea8.png

Я получил много ошибок в этом месте и не мог никак сесть в свой автомобиль. После нескольких попыток сесть - игра крашнулась. Когда перезашёл в игру - тоже самое. Вытолкал другой машиной свою и только тогда смог сесть. Не знаю в чём проблема. Но этот кусок карты дико нагружает комп. 

Спасибо за отзыв. Посмотрел несколько раз, у меня нормально все, никаких ошибок, и багов. Не знаю что это было, возможно машины наложились друг на друга, и начали глючить, или моды какие конфликтуют.

• 3 months later...