Intel Graphic Driver Crash?

mullaccm

Question

Hi,

The game gets to the 'This is how you died' screen fades out and then my entire screen flickers black and the game shuts down and this message appears.
tiZ0MNi.jpg

I have tried looking for an update for my graphics driver and Intel is telling me that i have the newest version after performing the system update checker tool.

Any ideas? I can't afford to buy a new computer so should I just get a refund?

Cheers - mullaccm

What settings are you playing on? Try turning them down in the options menu and seeing what happens.

I'm playing on the lowest resolution and all of the lowest graphics settings

Depending on your exact graphics card you may still be able to find newer, unofficial drivers for it. I'd try that before trying for a refund.

I'm finding it very difficult to find anything like that, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great, my graphics card:  

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics (Pentium)
           DAC type: Internal
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_05051028&REV_02
     Display Memory: 1696 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
      Shared Memory: 1632 MB
       Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

may i ask what year the drivers are from? 

i have the same kind of graphics but intel told me that i had custom drivers (2010) from fujitsu which did this all the time for me 

(on the first steam verision) but it never did it again after fixing the 2013 drivers

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics

update here 

the system automatic update tool is just stupid

Try going here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

and do 'Check your system for updates'

Let us know what it says!

I got this message for my graphics driver 

Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics Current Driver Installed 8.15.10.2342 A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact yourcomputer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

may i ask what year the drivers are from? 

i have the same kind of graphics but intel told me that i had custom drivers (2010) from fujitsu which did this all the time for me 

(on the first steam verision) but it never did it again after fixing the 2013 drivers

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics

update here 

the system automatic update tool is just stupid

I'm not sure this is correct but it's from DXDIAG:

Driver Date/Size: 3/26/2011 02:17:46, 7473664 bytes

Edit: 

I'm downloading this Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 (exe)

I'm downloading this Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 (exe)

yup thats the one i think.

even if it's the wrong one nothing will happen

It said that it was incorrect so I'm trying another download - an older version

Just uninstall your current driver, and use the utility to get the new one.

Running the game on the same card with 28-30fps solid.

Cap your fps at 30, try lowest light and resolution, set graphics to performance, use the classic view (huge ass help)

mainly try compatibility mode this is a huge improvement for intel cards.

i can probably look through my history and look for the right verision

current one is 8.15.10.2993 

for 64-bit

oh and silents the update utility does not work if it's custom drivers installed

i can probably look through my history and look for the right verision

current one is 8.15.10.2993 

for 64-bit

oh and silents the update utility does not work if it's custom drivers installed

Downloading this now

Not sure how you guys got to where you are now, but follow the Work Around in this guide to a T: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm

Following this guide, cheers! I'll let you know how it goes.

Disable the Steam overlay in Properties.

The game no longer crashes but every time i start a new game sound, the hud and everything else works but no graphics render there is no character or anything

What a long process this is. :D

Compatibility/Safe mode -- select it when starting the game in Steam. Otherwise, you'll have to use a ProjectZomboid32.bat/ProjectZomboid64.bat, as the shortcut doesn't give you this option.

Disable the Steam overlay in Properties.

The game no longer crashes but every time i start a new game sound, the hud and everything else works but no graphics render there is no character or anything

What a long process this is. :D

Compatibility/Safe mode -- select it when starting the game in Steam. Otherwise, you'll have to use a ProjectZomboid32.bat/ProjectZomboid64.bat, as the shortcut doesn't give you this option.

This works now :) Thanks :) Maybe it would be worth considering sticking this thread for reference?

Hi there I also am having same problem as poster above,only difference is I have a gforce 470 oc 1 gig card. I update my drivers through NVidia Experience,new driver came out last night 331.82,problem also happened on last 2 older drivers also.dxdiag included.sry didn't know how to add thumbnail for u added as file thoughDxDiag.txtDxDiag.txt

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/20/2013, 14:47:47
       Machine name: CAPT-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
       System Model: System Product Name
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/17/10 16:19:39 Ver: 08.00.15
          Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM
          Page File: 1669MB used, 14710MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------