IWBUMS 41.29 RELEASED

lemmy101

PLEASE NOTE: ZOOM BETA IS NOW LEGACY

The current Zoom beta is a Zoom-enhanced version of 41.28. It will contain bugs such as one with cutaways not working.

The zoom beta channel will be left open until all players have transitioned back over to the IWBUMS beta.

NEW

- ZOOM beta merged in - crisper visuals and improved performance for low spec systems

- Added a cursor to help select which tree to chop down.

- Added a horde manager UI in debug

- Added sandbox options "Vehicles Story event chance"

BALANCE

- Removed damage from driving over small trees and bushes.

- Reduced the slow-down from driving over small trees and bushes. (May be one or two types we've missed)

- Tiny saplings no longer make you fall when sprinting.

- Updated community translations.

- Made lighting on dropped weapon and hat models less bright.

FIXES

- Fixed some strangeness on older Macs with the new models (Apple crew! Please report in! Do we have you back?)

- Fixed cutaways failing on NW wall corners.

- Fixed issues with cutaway system failing completely sometimes.

- Fixed lua error taking a key from a killed zombie.

- Fixed zombies getting updated after being removed from the world.

- Fixed not being able to attack prone zombies if there is a zombie standing nearby behind a closed door.

- Fixed the aiming outline not appearing sometimes.

- Fixed timed action stop() method being called if the action was interrupted during waitToStart().

- Fixed the missing patio floor in the Riverside restaurant.

- Fixed collision detection with trees and bushes.

- Fixed some typo (Tshirt -> T-Shirt).

- Fixed tailoring XP exploit when removing patch multiple time.

- Fixed "Tiered zombie updates" option not saving.

- Fixed garbage creation related to clothing item lookup

- Fixed scavenge and fishing Cancel buttons doing nothing after the first action finishes.

- Fixed scavenge and fishing layout with different-sized fonts.

- Fixed north-west corner tiles not cutting away.

- Fixed off-center chop-tree indicator image.

- Fixed ISEquipWeaponAction not completing immediately if the weapon is already equipped.

- Fixed the render thread calling AnimationPlayer.getRenderedAngle() in some places. Added pooling of AnimationPlayer objects.

- Fixed controller issues in the foraging and fishing ui.

- Fixed vehicle save issues by doubling the size of the ByteBuffer used to save vehicles from 64KB to 128KB.

- Fixed IsoZombieGiblets never being removed from the square they are on.

- Fixed closed curtains not being visible from the outside.

- Fixed being able to click on curtains to open/close them from too far away or when outside buildings sometimes.

- Fixed iso cursor being visible when using a controller.

- Fixed the player getting stuck in the aim animation if the weapon breaks while attacking.

Love the new crispy zoom-in, however this new zoom system really tanks the performance. I'm on a mid-range laptop (Ryzen 7 3750H + 1660 Ti, 8GB RAM) and I can notice a big frame drop upon zooming out when I'm in my base. This wasn't the case back in 41.28, so it seems like the zoom function still needs more optimization.

Aside from that, I also discovered a new graphical bug that came with this patch: lots of surfaces/items have glitchy seams now. In the pic I attached, it can be seen on the table and the floor rug.

20200205094212_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, StormieVN said:

Love the new crispy zoom-in, however this new zoom system really tanks the performance. I'm on a mid-range laptop (Ryzen 7 3750H + 1660 Ti, 8GB RAM) and I can notice a big frame drop upon zooming out when I'm in my base. This wasn't the case back in 41.28, so it seems like the zoom function still needs more optimization.

Aside from that, I also discovered a new graphical bug that came with this patch: lots of surfaces/items have glitchy seams now. In the pic I attached, it can be seen on the table and the floor rug.

20200205094212_1.jpg

What fps would you have gotten before the zoom build? Zoomng out all the way has *always* been coming with a big dip in fps because of the increased resolution that the game is effectively rendering. What zoom level are we talking about (you can see this in the options)?

21 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Can you please supply a screenshot of the large squares?

i fixed it by verifying the integrity of game cache and 2 file were missing now it looks fine, but when i zoom out still looks blurry. 

3 hours ago, nasKo said:

What fps would you have gotten before the zoom build? Zoomng out all the way has *always* been coming with a big dip in fps because of the increased resolution that the game is effectively rendering. What zoom level are we talking about (you can see this in the options)?

Actually my bad, scratch that. I just tested the save on a .28 build, no performance gain or drop at the same 200% zoom. It was the initial asset loading that made me thought the zoom tanked the frames.

However in both .29 and pre .29, whenever my character moves, I do notice a frame drop. For example, when standing still, fps hovers around 90, but upon moving, even just slightly, the frames dropped down to 60-70 and goes back up once the character stands still for a lil bit.

Edited by StormieVN

Observing the black patches problem here too. Screenshot below. I'm outside the fence in that shot but it persisted if I jumped that fence and walked right over the black patches. Any zoom level. Verifying Steam files did not resolve my case. Not game-breaking at all for me, I'll keep my eyes peeled for where else I see it, maybe some sort of pattern.

221645617_Zomboid-4129BlackSquares.thumb.png.84ed67c348687e38b4572a42ac6d76a9.png

23 hours ago, Deforsmylife said:

When will cooperation come? It's been a long time.

When will ico-op come? It's been a long time

Everyone knows when co-op will come out - when it's ready, like the devs say every time.

Something has struck me as off about the new clothing, and I realized that every shirt is always tucked-in 100% of the time.

While there is nothing wrong about this, it is definitely not something that needs to be black or white.

Why not let this be a situation where the shirt is tucked/untucked based on whether or not it was put on before or after the pants?

Can't have the casual T-shirt and jeans combo if it is tucked in. Then, you just look like a farmer.

Other than that, really loving these new details! Also, I can confirm the black patches that @unuroboros is experiencing in the same spot (I live on that farm)  https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.3793972189057648,0.20931870218096676,194.8551904338348

Edited by Kim Jong Un

21 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Something has struck me as off about the new clothing, and I realized that every shirt is always tucked-in 100% of the time.

While there is nothing wrong about this, it is definitely not something that needs to be black or white.

Why not let this be a situation where the shirt is tucked/untucked based on whether or not it was put on before or after the pants?

Can't have the casual T-shirt and jeans combo if it is tucked in. Then, you just look like a farmer.

It’d likely look massively ugly without new geometry. With new geometry, it’d mean every new addition would have to take into account clipping.

4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It’d likely look massively ugly without new geometry. With new geometry, it’d mean every new addition would have to take into account clipping.

As the current geometry is still new, hopefully this change is still possible. 

The only clothing this would actually apply to (Button-up shirts, T-shirts) are mostly retextures of the same geometry, so I hope the request isn't unrealistic. Sweaters/jackets/vests already go over pants, so we aren't talking about everything.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

On 2/5/2020 at 5:22 PM, StormieVN said:

20200205094212_1.jpg

Same here, the game didnt use to lag almost not at all before 41.27, but idk what the hell happened. The devs wanted lower spec players to play too but looks like they got high end PC's messed up too. This needs to be fixed ASAP, I cant zoom out in Riverside without dropping to 5-10 fps.

1 hour ago, Burleon said:

Same here, the game didnt use to lag almost not at all before 41.27, but idk what the hell happened. The devs wanted lower spec players to play too but looks like they got high end PC's messed up too. This needs to be fixed ASAP, I cant zoom out in Riverside without dropping to 5-10 fps.

At least post you specs ...

And remember: this is a beta of an alpha game in Steam Early Access. Not every update will be perfect. Though this seems to be exceedingly rare compared to prior issues - it doesn’t happen to anyone on the dev team, support, or the closed testing group; it’s been reported by 2 people on Steam and now 2 here.

• nasKo unpinned this topic