Zombie Migration

Caturday

Make zombies able to migrate across the map.

Everyone knows this game is getting boring once u set up somewhere in the forest.

But with horde crowds randomly migrating across the map you will never be safe, it will be a matter of time untill you get spotted and overrrun.

So in this case there will be a reason to fortify your forest base hard and think twice how u will escape when the crowd will come. Because it surely will.

Edited by Caturday

4 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Already works that way.

Is it new for b41? In b40 I survived for 7 months on the '6 months later' scenario in a secluded house and no zombies ever came there.

Tbh game should gradually change from 'urban focused' distribution to 'uniform distribution' as time progresses.

2 minutes ago, Geras said:

Is it new for b41? In b40 I survived for 7 months on the '6 months later' scenario in a secluded house and no zombies ever came there.

Tbh game should gradually change from 'urban focused' distribution to 'uniform distribution' as time progresses.

I believe he is talking about zombie migration within nearest cells (or one cell).

I was surviving for 4 month in the middle of themap in a forest and havnt seen a single zombie comin

18 minutes ago, Geras said:

Been that way t for years. It’s just luck.

Random doesn’t mean “send them to this guy’s house today.”

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Been that way t for years. It’s just luck.

Random doesn’t mean “send them to this guy’s house today.”

Are you sure ?
Settings have "redistribution option" but even description says "zombies will migrate within one cell"
For example, iam setting a house in thesew famous 3 houses at the river, and have never seen any incoming zombies.

Even with helicopter event this place is forever empty.

Edited by Caturday

20 minutes ago, Caturday said:

Are you sure ?
Settings have "redistribution option" but even description says "zombies will migrate within one cell"
For example, iam setting a house in thesew famous 3 houses at the river, and have never seen any incoming zombies.

Even with helicopter event this place is forever empty.

Yes? I can see the virtual zombie groups (hordes) move in debug.

Not sure what the quoted bit is referring to. I think it’s meant to mean within one adjacent cell - as in to and from neighbouring cells until they reach their max population density.

For the helicopter, it might just be too far. They have max follow distance for sounds as well, which you can change in options.

I’ll give riverside a second look though.

6 hours ago, ZAMNPlayerD said:

I mean, it would be a neat option to set "aggressive migration," and make to where if you're hanging out in a cell for a couple of days or weeks, that zombies will be more likely to spawn within or around that cell and slowly move in on your position.

Certainly agree.

7 hours ago, ZAMNPlayerD said:

I mean, it would be a neat option to set "aggressive migration," and make to where if you're hanging out in a cell for a couple of days or weeks, that zombies will be more likely to spawn within or around that cell and slowly move in on your position.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Certainly agree.

Yeah, it would be cool to see. It would reduce complaints about how the "endgame" is fairly uneventful especially within forests. When Zed do in fact keep creeping into your location and not just wander the map, it does help keep a guy alert even after months have passed and they've purged their safe zone several times.