[41.28] Firearms do not behave as expected to a new player

Auklin

I propose slightly adjusting the hit statistics for lower 'aiming' skills.

I never used firearms in the game before today, I've learned that the way you rank them up is by using them to 'execute' single zombies, as they are far too unreliable until around aim level 3.

I suggest, that if you are moving and the zombie is less than 2 tiles away, there should be at least a 50% chance (dark green outline) of hitting them in the torso (and stunning them). I'd also suggest that the hit chance should go UP if the zombie is not in a walking/running animation (i.e. idle)

Missing entirely is a bit unbelievable and frustrating. 

Below is a video showing what I did my first time ever using a gun. I assumed the red outline was just telling me that 'this is your target', I learned in a sandbox and playing around that the color changes based on chance. When you are that close to a zombie, you'd assume there would be a slight chance, hence the recommendation above to inform new players "oh, the color changes the closer they are, that's probably hit chance or something". 

Typically interrupting gameplay to show a tutorial is not good game design. I personally don't think it's too unreasonable to just up the hit chance in earlier levels and increase the crit (headshot) chance in later levels.

Unless you can think of a good compromise.

Nah I mean the tutorial at the start of the game. The one where you said " You seem to be recently infected, Want to play the tutorial yadadadada " 

Admittly tutorial teaches jack about the game and 96% of the game is just learning by urself.

Edited by Oksts2904
Wanted to add more things