Faraway events : visual cues

numbersixthecat

Now that fire is being improved, it would make sense to alert the player about the presence of smoke or fire in the surrounding areas.

Irl you would see a column of smoke from afar, whereas in game it is impossible due to the isometric perspective.

It would make sense to add some kind of visual cue to indicate that the character has seen faraway fires or smoke columns.

It would also be useful to have cues for sounds coming from afar, e.g.: gunshots, car engines, helicopters, explosions, all sounds that we would expect to be able to hear beyond the immediate range visible onscreen. This was also already suggested in the past.

I hope this suggestion makes some sense.

Edited by numbersixthecat
Spelling

4 hours ago, numbersixthecat said:

Now that fire is being improved, it would make sense to alert the player about the presence of smoke or fire in the surrounding areas.

Irl you would see a column of smoke from afar, whereas in game it is impossible due to the isometric perspective.

It would make sense to add some kind of visual cue to indicate that the character has seen faraway fires or smoke columns.

It would also be useful to have cues for sounds coming from afar, e.g.: gunshots, car engines, helicopters, explosions, all sounds that we would expect to be able to hear beyond the immediate range visible onscreen. This was also already suggested in the past.

I hope this suggestion makes some sense.

Nope. It's funnier if we don't do that. 😛 Lol I agree with you though.