IWBUMS 41.28 RELEASED!

lemmy101

NEW
- Experimental optimization. This allows zombies to be updated every X frames via a per-object gametime multiplier that depends on proximity / visibility to player. It spreads update ticks of zombies over frames, meaning higher FPS with large crowds.\
- Accompanying the above, added 'tiered zombie update' options (enabled by default) that will update zombies at a distance / out of sight less frequency so hordes will be better fps.
- Some fixes to address attack cancelling. Let us know how it plays.
- added Automated Emergency Broadcast radio channel
- Made rain a bit softer, and when indoors cut alpha in half
- Added option to disable rain indoors completely
- added multiplier option for text remaining visible radiochannels
- added computerize scrambler to zomboid radio
- Updated community translations.
Improvements to Foraging UI:
- Now displays a list of items found, with their textures.
- UI is more transparent.
- Cancel button now only cancels the current action.
- Added a close button to close the UI.
Improvements to Fishing UI
- Now uses same UI model as Foraging
- You can select rods/lures
- Can select bags to put caught fish in (as with Foraging).

BALANCE
- Increased sneak bonus when behind certain fences

FIXES
- Fixed lua error pressing the Craft All button when items are in bags.
- Fixed a rounding error that prevented items with 0.1 weight being moved in multiples.
- fixed RuntimeException when having Campfire going inside of a building
- fixed RuntimeException when picking up TV
- fixed InvocationTargetException when picking up a Barbeque that is burning (bbq can now no longer be picked when burning, too hot)
- fixed NullPointerException + Game crash after driving from WestPoint to Muldraugh (RVSContructionSite)
- fixed Fastforward through Helicopter event causes to go on for a couple of days
- Fixed being stuck when the fishing rod break while fishing.
- fixed night color not being applied
- fixed open doors cutting weather mask when not visible
- Fixed inconsistency with where items are dropped depending on whether the item was dragged from the inventory window,
dropped via the context menu or Drop button, or automatically dropped (for equipped corpses).
- Fixed the loot window not updating when corpses are dropped sometimes.
- Fixed the inventory and loot windows placed at the bottom of the screen being in a different location after reloading,
if they were resized to less than the default height.
- Fixed being able to rip clothing that requires scissors if other clothing is selected that doesn't require scissors.
- Fixed roofs not keeping the player dry if there aren't enough walls to make a room.
- Fixed garbage creation related to clothing item lookup.
- Fixed scavenge and fishing Cancel buttons doing nothing after the first action finishes.
- Fixed scavenge and fishing layout with different-sized fonts.

53 minutes ago, El-Breado said:

"What's the frequency, Kenneth?"

You'll need to find a random radio that already has the frequency preset, and the frequency it's different on different saves.

Also, most of the times the frequency ends in a ".9" which means you can not set it manually. And as far as I know the broadcast gets played every hour.

Edited by axeladalidez78

2 hours ago, kover said:

no multiplayer again :(

as we've stated multiple times ,- you'll know WELL in advance of an iwbums build it'll have multiplayer in it. We'll have showed videos on thursdoid, and have been talking about for like a month of thursdoids, having public tests on a single server to debug and profile, then a separate branch, before it ever hits IWBUMs people will be playing MP, and before people have played MP on their own servers, there will have likely been 2 or 3 very advertised load test events where we have a single server up for people to join. If your heart is skipping a beat when you read IWBUMs thinking we're going to randomly drop:

* added multiplayer

into it, you're setting yourself up for a disappointment every time. This isn't a bug fix, its a HUGE low level rewrite of the game's multiplayer architecture, and undertaking that'll be likely more a headache than the zoom branch has been to get finalised to merge into iwbums.

34 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

Does the AEB plays on one specific frequency, or is it on a random one all the time?

Also, if random, is there a range of frequencies it can show up at?

Seems to be random, and no range so far as I can tell. Sometimes it's at a number you can't tune to (eg. 90.3) where you could only tune to 90.2-90.4 in that range. My fix for that is just go searching for one already pre-tuned. You'll have to venture out a good bit to find one if you're on the same save. Not all radios have it tuned either.

Tried the new fishing GUI. It looks nice but...

Before the update: caught 4 fishes with a single tackle without a single line break (skill level 9).

After the update with the same character: exhausted two spools of fishing line for repairs, dropped fishing abundance from 100 to 28 (since it drops even on line break or trash catch), wasted a lot of worms and 3 tackles... Caught a pair of shoes and two small bait fishes one of which got me a pair of socks and the other one broke my line. No actual fish.

Is this a rebalance or did I get really unlucky or is fishing broken?

20 minutes ago, Burleon said:

still waiting for a response.....................

I really wanna know how long this goes on for too. It'd be cool if at some point in the game it got taken over by survivors instead of cuttin' out completely. Maybe that goes against the game's lore of it being "There's no hope for survival everyone's gonna die" but having it cut out on Day 9 with the T.V and radio would kinda suck and not make it that viable. Like whoopie you get to know the weather for nine days. It's a neat feature but the length it plays will determine its usefulness. 

Edited by DresdenBBQ

2 hours ago, Burleon said:

still waiting for a response.....................

2 hours ago, DresdenBBQ said:

I really wanna know how long this goes on for too. It'd be cool if at some point in the game it got taken over by survivors instead of cuttin' out completely. Maybe that goes against the game's lore of it being "There's no hope for survival everyone's gonna die" but having it cut out on Day 9 with the T.V and radio would kinda suck and not make it that viable. Like whoopie you get to know the weather for nine days. It's a neat feature but the length it plays will determine its usefulness. 

As of now, it doesn't stop broadcasting.
image.png.07c7dbaf2c31a4b5cd95b5635ce48e23.png

Edited by MadDan2013

• nasKo pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Burleon said:

Thanks boss, woulda been nice if I wasnt banned from the Discord group 😜 for no reason ;( 

If your plan is to get banned here by creating a reason to do, then I question this plan.

Keep it private chat if you really must push further.

• nasKo unpinned this topic