Jump to content
DresdenBBQ

More mechanic related loot spawns please?

Recommended Posts

I don't know about y'all but I've always been kinda annoyed that you can only find car parts inside mechanic shops. Of course that makes sense they'd be there, but when you scour the whole map and you don't find a single large or even standard size gas tank or any other upgraded parts for that matter on a save where's there's no loot respawn it's kinda annoying, especially since getting to mechanic shops can be an extremely deadly endeavor and can easily result in death since they're mainly situated deep in towns. Such is the apocalypse but I find it hard to believe that you can search four towns head to toe and still not find the right parts for the car you have. Not sure how many others agree with me, but wouldn't it make sense for warehouses to maybe have some car parts in them? You'd obviously lower the spawn rate dramatically but findin' parts every once in a while when you're scouring warehouses would not only make them more worth your time to check but also offer another way you could potentially find parts that are in high demand. You could even have some garages have car parts in 'em! That's just my two cents, any comments building on or criticizing the idea are more than welcome, they're encouraged! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DresdenBBQ said:

Not sure how many others agree with me, but wouldn't it make sense for warehouses to maybe have some car parts in them? You'd obviously lower the spawn rate dramatically but findin' parts every once in a while when you're scouring warehouses would not only make them more worth your time to check but also offer another way you could potentially find parts that are in high demand. You could even have some garages have car parts in 'em! That's just my two cents, any comments building on or criticizing the idea are more than welcome, they're encouraged! 

Wouldn't just adding the ability to remove parts and put them in your car make more sense? I mean I had a situation where my car blew its engine and we were selling parts to a friend with a similar model vehicle and that just seems more logical t me than changing the entire spawning system. If you can funnel gas out of a car in the game I don't see why you shouldn't be able to remove parts from one vehicle and put it in another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Wouldn't just adding the ability to remove parts and put them in your car make more sense? I mean I had a situation where my car blew its engine and we were selling parts to a friend with a similar model vehicle and that just seems more logical t me than changing the entire spawning system. If you can funnel gas out of a car in the game I don't see why you shouldn't be able to remove parts from one vehicle and put it in another. 

You can already yoink car parts from cars but I'm purdy sure that every car has the exact same parts default to them. You can't get better car parts unless you get them from a mechanic's shop and install the parts yourself. It'd be nice to find cars with better parts in them but I've never come across any before. 

Edited by DresdenBBQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DresdenBBQ said:

You can already yoink car parts from cars but I'm purdy sure that every car has the exact same parts default to them. You can't get better car parts unless you get them from a mechanic's shop and install the parts yourself. It'd be nice to find cars with better parts in them but I've never come across any before. 

Hmm Idk when I was able to play  found vehicles with some nice parts. I didn't know I could take them out though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The type of vehicle (heavy duty, regular, sport) is set, but the quality and durability of the parts inside does vary. You can find performance parts in all sorts of places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for car parts spawning in containers in sheds/garages and warehouses with a spawn rate similar to other items already spawning there, as imo car parts are not OP in any way, no need to reduce spawn chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MrHrulgin said:

The type of vehicle (heavy duty, regular, sport) is set, but the quality and durability of the parts inside does vary. You can find performance parts in all sorts of places.

Finding performance parts is one thing but other parts like windshields, gas tanks, hell even engine parts are hard to find if not impossible since they're not on the loot table. How sick would it be if you could play an even harder setting where all cars come by default broken and you have to find engine parts to get one operational? Even if you do find performance parts they're always busted in some way and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can repair some things like suspensions or brakes? 

Edited by DresdenBBQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it would be nice if other car parts should spawn in mechanics garage like if you are unable to find any of these parts in 100% conditions on the vehicle itself.

 

 here is the list of parts to add to the mechanics shop.

 

- Trunk lids

- Engine parts

- Double rear doors

- Hoods

- windshields

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DresdenBBQ said:

How sick would it be if you could play an even harder setting where all cars come by default broken and you have to find engine parts to get one operational?

 

Indeed. It would a cool sandbox option "Cars broken and/or missing parts".

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...