Idea for a new Game Mode / Challenge: "Loved Ones"

MECR

Had this idea when I thought what I really would do first in case I was trapped in the Zombie Apocalypse... like if I was a Mechanic in Rosewood and had a GF working at the Diner in Dixie. I mean, who wouldn't put all his efforts into finding her? Once NPC come out, this could be a real story / campaign mode but for the meantime it could work on a smaller scale, too. So if I'm in Rosewood and am pretty sure that my girl is most likely a walking dead, wouldn't I want to find her, put her to rest and burry her?

How this could work: After Character Creation, have the Player design another Character (or several of them, like parents) and have them choose a personal item to identify the corpse, like an ID Card, a locket, a ring and so on. And let them specify where this "Special Z" starts. Then in game, do the following: Display a Question Mark above any Zombie that looks similar and that roams the "Target Area" and also above the one Special Z, of course.

Could give this game mode actually an end goal without any fuzz about rescue or cure.

Funny, it sounds a lot like what I made few months ago, I created a scenario where you started in Valley Station and had to rescue your gf stuck in an appartment in March Ridge's big building, with some side stories/missions on the road left by previous survivors, safehouses, "traps", afterwards events, secrets, lore about how the apocalypse started, how the authorities reacted, a backstory to your character and other characters... like for example you could've found out about the story of 3 survivors who barricaded themselves on the roof of the mall and found out how they survived and how their story ended...

I also transformed places, for example I made the mall into an evacuation center with wired fences, police vehicles, ambulances, stretchers, i even made warning notices/signs in streets like you see in Left 4 Dead, special rewards for dangerous places like pimp bombs, flame traps (stuff you usually never use), lot of ammo, I tried to make the player use more guns than in usual playthroughs by making ammo very common so it's more fun and risky to play.

I did it by making a game as if I played it normally but placed stuff by using Necroforge, wrote down on papers to "give missions" and indications in game, like where to go what to do where you could find some interesting stuff but in a narrative way not just by saying "go there do that" etc and shared my game with a custom spawn point (to always start in Valley station) but only few people were interested. 

I thought this idea would've created a new genre and many players would have started to create their own games/maps with their own stories with goals and share it to the community but nope...

Edited by Axezombie