do zombies stay dead

prklts

If I kill all the zombies, will they stay dead? Or do they bounce back after a few hours or days or something? In theory, if I kill all the zombies in my area, is that area going to be safer?

(I realize that a mob of zombies could wander in from a neighboring area. That's not what I'm asking. I'm just asking if zombies stay dead. Or do they bounce back / respawn occasionally or something?)

The ones you killed are going to stay dead but new ones will spawn in their place. You need to be away for some time for them to respawn, I think 16 hours by default, you can change it in the sandbox. You can also set them to never respawn if that's what you'd like.

edit: but they slowly respawn not all of them at once, so if you clear out an area it'll be safer for a while either way

Yeah, mate. Their Corpses can even be used as emergency storage if you're desperate.

But like Crossed said, Zeds can and do spawn in to replace the ones you've killed off, either naturally through migrating slowly into the map, or through random events like The Helicopter.

Archived