The Maintenance grind strategy

AuthenticPeach

Hey all! I found another exploit that I know is not intended. If you keep hitting a barricade with a strength of a pan, you can effectively grind up the maintenance skill. A barricade at full strength can give up to 30xp for it until it breaks. I have the whole process documented in this video. You guys are awesome, keep up the good work!

When you examine what the maintenance skill is meant to 'replicate' in real life. It would be equivalent to learning how to hold and swing a hammer properly to avoid damaging it.

Technically, you could learn this IRL by swinging a hammer against a wall or USING it frequently, which is why (I think) a lot of 'professions' start you off with some weapon skills, even though I'm sure they weren't murdering hundreds of people before the zombies came about.

Not entirely sure if this would be considered a bug. I almost think that using the hammer to barricade should give a very small amount of experience to short blunt weapons, and using a screwdriver/ scissors should give a very small amount to blade, if we wanna talk 'realism'/ expected behavior