This hurts bad. Pls help.

MrZombifiedGamer

5 minutes ago, DEATH said:

That sucks man. Just keep bugging support, you'll get through eventually.

By the way I can't remember but did you say you already tried going through https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366 and try to self recover your account?

Yeah it's another brick wall. It tells me to send it to my email which isn't my email anymore, they changed it from my email to their email so they get the recovery link.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Yeah it's another brick wall. It tells me to send it to my email which isn't my email anymore, they changed it from my email to their email so they get the recovery link.

Well shit. Then yeah using an alt account to get in touch with support is definitely your best option. When you are finally able to get in touch with them, they should be able to see any email, password or account name changes that have occurred and as long as you have those and maybe the card number attached to the account, they should be able to help you out.  

Edit: It will take some time though. That I can guarantee. Because you have to think that you, statistically speaking, are not the only person trying to get their accounts back on any given day.

1 minute ago, DEATH said:

Well shit. Then yeah using an alt account to get in touch with support is definitely your best option. When you are finally able to get in touch with them, they should be able to see any email, password or account name changes that have occurred and as long as you have those and maybe the card number attached to the account, they should be able to help you out.  

Yeah I got all that. But for some reason I can't contact support on my alt account and they refuse to take my reviews of my stolen account seriously. Fortunately I have a lot of help from people contacting them for me. 

Just now, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Yeah I got all that. But for some reason I can't contact support on my alt account and they refuse to take my reviews of my stolen account seriously. Fortunately I have a lot of help from people contacting them for me. 

That I'm not understanding. What does it tell you when you try to contact support through your alt account?

On 1/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Yes. aquarianscorch@gmail.com and that's my primary email has been since 2011 when I started my steam account. 

Sorry got kinda busy this week. I asked because most of what I read said changes like that should've triggered an email sent to the current verified email. But I'm assuming that probably didn't happen or you wouldn't be here, because it should've given you the option to lock the account immediately until you could verify ownership. 

As for any other info I'm not finding much other than basically what we have already talked about. So I can only recommend keeping at it.

On 2/1/2020 at 2:09 AM, DEATH said:

Sorry got kinda busy this week. I asked because most of what I read said changes like that should've triggered an email sent to the current verified email. But I'm assuming that probably didn't happen or you wouldn't be here, because it should've given you the option to lock the account immediately until you could verify ownership. 

As for any other info I'm not finding much other than basically what we have already talked about. So I can only recommend keeping at it.

It gave me no option to lock my account. 

Archived