This hurts bad. Pls help.

MrZombifiedGamer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this I'm leaving this site and gaming in general. I can't deal with this. I can't even pay my bills now thanks to Steam refusal to act. Once this is done if I buy another game it wont be on any online service. 8 years I've been with them and this is what happens... Sorry for everything, even if they did reactivate it at this point I'd just leave it. This stress isn't worth it. But just get it shut down, please. 

As I said in DM's I don't think Steam is gonna deactivate your account, even if they would it'd still take upwards of a week or two before they'd do anythin'. It's fucked up that it's gone this far but you're gonna have to freeze your card to stop him from buying anything else. Use the Steam and Email I created for you to file the ticket for the lost account, you need to do that regardless. I don't think it's a good to give up an entire hobby cause of this one experience. You can't put into words how much this fucking sucks, but after this is dealt with you won't ever have to deal with anythin' similar to it again and I can show you how to set up a Steam Guard which makes gettin' hacked virtually impossible. 
Another slight bit of hopefully positive news is on the Steam Support page they have a section for "I have Charges from Steam I didn't make" so you can file a ticket *there* once you get your account back and you may or may not be able to reverse some of the charges made to your account and get some of your money back. I reckon that alone is enticin' enough to wanna get your account back. image.thumb.png.fb41603ec54b542e095c1815014f6911.png

When you file the ticket once you get your account back you're gonna wanna go over your bank statements and track the purchases so you can give them as much info about them as possible. They might be lenient seein' as your account is currently hacked. I can show you how to jump off that bridge when we get there. 

image.thumb.png.55bfca2682b212e7888d857a97eca810.png

(This is their support ticket in case you wanted to know what sort of information you'd be providing once you get your account back. You also have the ability to attach files too.) 

You can also go down this rabbit hole in the Steam Support section "Help, I can't sign in". From there you can go to enter your steam account's name which you know. Then it'll give you a bunch of questions. Do you have a phone number? If you do have one already set up with your Steam account you can have a verification code texted to your phone and you can get your account back that way. If you don't have that, then the next possible step is email. I know you said they switch the email associated with the account but just click that tab anyway since it'll say what email is tied to the account. If it's yours still somehow you can get a verification code sent to the email you already own and have your password reset that way. If neither of those work, then THAT'S where you can file a support ticket. I actually didn't need to create a new email and Steam account for you as I just found out but you're welcome to use them anyway if you want. Fill out that support ticket with your current email and they'll get back to you. Seeing as I know for certain your account has been reported at the minimum of twenty times they're prolly eyeballing it and you'll have it back sometime within a week from now if you're persistent. I know this is super stressful but you ain't gonna do yourself any favors getting frustrated or lashing out or quitting now. None of those things are gonna solve your problems or make you feel a lick better, in fact they'll only compound the frustration you already have. There's no reason to quit a hobby you enjoy cause of a hiccup like this, you'd just be cutting off your nose to spite your face. You gotta do what you can to get by these next few days and it won't be easy, but I think you can do it. 
(Steam support to see if you can't reset your password.)
https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithLogin
(Steam support page to file a ticket to reclaim your account.)
https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpRequestCantLogin/?s=9908405315204992566&lost=6

Ask support to reset the account's email & password to the same it's always been, reverting any recent changes made to it.

Not sure if they track those changes, but hopefully they do.

Try sending proof that you're the owner of the paypal account connected to steam.

Do NOT ask people to flag the account or anything like that, it's pointless & will only make you look suspicious.

2 hours ago, ZombiesLoveBrainiacs said:

Ask support to reset the account's email & password to the same it's always been, reverting any recent changes made to it.

Try sending proof that you're the owner of the paypal account connected to steam.

Do NOT ask people to flag the account or anything like that, it's pointless & will only make you look suspicious.

8 years of service and I look suspicious? Fine. Let hackers infest Steam. Idc. 

I'll protect my card and I'll never use steam again. That's what I'll do. 

And after this steam will get no business from me, they wont get any promotion from my writing, in fact if I write about them at all it's only going to be in bad terms obviously. What is "suspicious" is I randomly became Russian. But they seem to not care about that. 

And furthermore when they eventually do figure out (and they will) that I lost over 6k dollars plus some on their ridiculous platform it'll be far too late to fix it. It's far too late now. My credit company will contact them soon. I tried and they just danced around and now I just don't care. The only thing "suspicious" is why steam is protecting a clear hacker. Now that's suspicious. 

On 1/21/2020 at 3:08 PM, DresdenBBQ said:

Not gonna lie the fact that your account is public is somewhat convenient for us. I could try to flag the ticket for you but if you want I can create a new Steam account *for* you?

Nah it's private again. It was public for a while but it got moved to private. I guess when the hacker realized a flagging campaign against the account started. Either way I'm done with it. I gave them the info they needed, I did everything right except submit a ticket because I literally can't submit a ticket on this subject or any subject on that account for some reason. But steam absolutely refused to help me even after realizing I was having money stolen as well as my account. Valve has to be the most irresponsible company I've ever seen. 8 years of flawless service and over 6k dollars spent on their platform and they can't do anything about this despite me having more than enough evidence to prove my case? I regret ever using steam, but I promise from this point on I never will again. Y'all keep flagging until my card company is able to contact these people. And if I look "suspicious" then I'll look a lot less suspicious when they realize the card company of the card I sent them is calling them about theft. 

4 hours ago, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Nah it's private again. It was public for a while but it got moved to private. I guess when the hacker realized a flagging campaign against the account started. Either way I'm done with it. I gave them the info they needed, I did everything right except submit a ticket because I literally can't submit a ticket on this subject or any subject on that account for some reason. But steam absolutely refused to help me even after realizing I was having money stolen as well as my account. Valve has to be the most irresponsible company I've ever seen. 8 years of flawless service and over 6k dollars spent on their platform and they can't do anything about this despite me having more than enough evidence to prove my case? I regret ever using steam, but I promise from this point on I never will again. Y'all keep flagging until my card company is able to contact these people. And if I look "suspicious" then I'll look a lot less suspicious when they realize the card company of the card I sent them is calling them about theft. 

So you've tried everything except the one thing you should. Good work. You should still be able to get in contact with support through the account that the nice guy above apparently created for you. There has to be a way otherwise nobody would ever get their accounts back after being hacked and we know that isn't true. 

Look I understand you're frustrated and totally understand how you feel, but giving up and throwing a tantrum isn't going to help either. Just keep submitting tickets through that new account and you'll at least have more luck getting your stuff back than your current strategy.

Having a credit card connected to Steam? I only buy steam cards and use it to fill my Steam wallet.  At most I have like £50 on my acc or less at any time.  I do not trust Steam, never did.  GoG is sooooo much better as you never have to be scared of losing paid stuff from them ;)  (after making a backup)

Never EVER have anything like a money account link to a store on the internet.  Pay with your bank or use gift cards.  But if you are forced into paying online. Well.

Have a card just for buying stuff on the web. We have actually a fuel credit card of all things just for stuff like this to not happen. So when we are not using it there is maybe like £5 on it to be stolen. So the main cards are transferring what is needed to it and never facing any """legith""" stores like Steam...... 

My brother and his friend was quite big TF2 traders ones. If it was not for my brother being smart he had likely lost money to. But all the "script" kids did was piss him off. As all that was on his Steam account had no value outside of Steam.  STEAM want there hat economy to not be full of stolen gods 🤣  So he get his hats back and nothing but the fact that his trading status was ruin for a while he did not lose anything.

His friend lost money BTW. How? Guess how...

On 1/22/2020 at 8:39 AM, MrZombifiedGamer said:

After this I'm leaving this site and gaming in general. I can't deal with this. I can't even pay my bills now thanks to Steam refusal to act. Once this is done if I buy another game it wont be on any online service. 8 years I've been with them and this is what happens... Sorry for everything, even if they did reactivate it at this point I'd just leave it. This stress isn't worth it. But just get it shut down, please. 

Well gaming or this site is not the problem here.  

You are not getting away without using a online services in this day and age.  Even single player games have online requirements now.  Have fun with lootboxes and "time savers". 

Just be smart and disconnect yourself from the real world when being on the internet. Privacy and anonymous is key to being on the internet just to be safe from shit like this.

But do not take it to far. Like your name and address, Google and all kinds of unwanted enteritis have that already on you.  I just mean that do not let anything on the internet own you.  They or someone else is going to abuse you and steal from you.

19 hours ago, Turbo50 said:

Well gaming or this site is not the problem here.  

You are not getting away without using a online services in this day and age.  Even single player games have online requirements now.  Have fun with lootboxes and "time savers". 

Just be smart and disconnect yourself from the real world when being on the internet. Privacy and anonymous is key to being on the internet just to be safe from shit like this.

But do not take it to far. Like your name and address, Google and all kinds of unwanted enteritis have that already on you.  I just mean that do not let anything on the internet own you.  They or someone else is going to abuse you and steal from you.

But that's not how he got my account. It was  a phishing trap my nephew accidentally fell into. In fact I looked up this exact scam, you have to not only click the link but input your credentials... I'm kind of wondering how my nephew even knew what my credentials were. I'd be kind of impressed with him if I wasn't so upset. He has a hard time remember to comb his hair in the morning and his own phone number so the fact he somehow remembered a complicated password that I told him three months ago is pretty impressive. That being said maybe you're right, however anonymity wasn't the problem either. My only fault was not keeping a closer eye on what my nephew was doing online, bad parenting 101.

With that horrifying realization in tow I guess I should be glad it was just my account and card, and not him getting kidnapped or something.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:38 PM, MrZombifiedGamer said:

But that's not how he got my account. It was  a phishing trap my nephew accidentally fell into. In fact I looked up this exact scam, you have to not only click the link but input your credentials... I'm kind of wondering how my nephew even knew what my credentials were. I'd be kind of impressed with him if I wasn't so upset. He has a hard time remember to comb his hair in the morning and his own phone number so the fact he somehow remembered a complicated password that I told him three months ago is pretty impressive. That being said maybe you're right, however anonymity wasn't the problem either. My only fault was not keeping a closer eye on what my nephew was doing online, bad parenting 101.

With that horrifying realization in tow I guess I should be glad it was just my account and card, and not him getting kidnapped or something.

Shit happens man. I've been hacked before too on my Blizz account and I'm not even sure how anyone got my info since I never even tried to go to weird sites and never just put my info into things that I wasn't sure was a Blizzard site. But just like I did with that after getting my account back, make sure to add an authenticator to your account. I personally use Steam guard for my Steam account as I have put too much money into it at this point to not. And it's completely free.

4 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Shit happens man. I've been hacked before too on my Blizz account and I'm not even sure how anyone got my info since I never even tried to go to weird sites and never just put my info into things that I wasn't sure was a Blizzard site. But just like I did with that after getting my account back, make sure to add an authenticator to your account. I personally use Steam guard for my Steam account as I have put too much money into it at this point to not. And it's completely free.

Alright thanks man. I'll definitely look into doing it. Should have done it a long time ago honestly. Hard lesson learned though, but I did learn it. 

Just now, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Alright thanks man. I'll definitely look into doing it. Should have done it a long time ago honestly. Hard lesson learned though, but I did learn it. 

Yeah, unfortunately I had to learn the hard way to worry about it too. But I won't make that mistake again.

1 minute ago, DEATH said:

Yeah, unfortunately I had to learn the hard way to worry about it too. But I won't make that mistake again.

Yeah no kidding. What really set me off is they were spamming all my friends with b/s links and everyone was like "Umm... Josh... What are you talking about on Steam?" lol

1 minute ago, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Yeah no kidding. What really set me off is they were spamming all my friends with b/s links and everyone was like "Umm... Josh... What are you talking about on Steam?" lol

Yeah that sucks. For me I got to watch (from my friends game) someone farming crap on WoW for about a week before I was able to square it away. It's not fun that's for sure.

1 minute ago, DEATH said:

Yeah that sucks. For me I got to watch (from my friends game) someone farming crap on WoW for about a week before I was able to square it away. It's not fun that's for sure.

Yeah the guy who stole my account is playing CS:GO or some crap? My friend NIcke said "I thought it was strange you booted up CS:GO, you've never played that game in your life. It was really odd." lol

Just now, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Yeah the guy who stole my account is playing CS:GO or some crap? My friend NIcke said "I thought it was strange you booted up CS:GO, you've never played that game in your life. It was really odd." lol

That sucks man. Just keep bugging support, you'll get through eventually.

By the way I can't remember but did you say you already tried going through https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366 and try to self recover your account?

Archived