This hurts bad. Pls help.

MrZombifiedGamer

Alright so I got my steam account stolen. Lost all my games, 6k dollars worth including PZ. Given my situation financially I can't build back up my library and I know y'all can't really help. Maybe contact steam support? They changed my email and my password somehow so I have no means of recovering it. I can't even talk to steam support without my account. My sign in is bonezdwb and idk I let my nephew play and he clicked on a link and ... This just ... Idk I guess I'll just stop gaming. Idk how to fix this.

All I need steam to do is change my account back to aquarianscorch@gmail.com and give me a new password. But I can't even submit a ticket without access to my account. Even if I could idk if they would do it. I just lost 6k dollars because some Russians hacked my account. This hurts bad. Definitely does not feel good. 
Why would I keep gaming? 9 years of service with steam and I just lost everything in a few seconds. All my games, my over 6k dollars and everything gone. If I can't fix this I swear I'll never touch another game again. What's the point? You work and buy and build a reputation just to have hackers steal it from you? If I can't fix this then I'll just give up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay hold your horses buckaroo. That kinda negative nancy attitude ain't doin' yourself no favors. You gotta focus on how to fix this, not just give up. You only really fail when you give up after all. If we can get a bunch of people to report your account as bein' stolen that's one way to help you get your account back. However to do that, we'll need to find your runaway account first. Bonezdwb doesn't come up in the Steam search. If you can't log in using your email try the first username you ever used to sign up with your account. Everyone has it. Also are you *sure* your email was changed? I wasn't even aware that was POSSIBLE for your email to get changed. 

If you can get a link to your steam profile that'd be a good start. Check everywhere. Your SteamID doesn't change I don't think, so if you've ever sent anyone a direct link to your account find that and we can work on gettin' a bunch of people to report it as stolen. I'm sorry this happened to you dawg, I had it happen to another friend. Condolences I know ain't worth shit from shinolah so the least I can do is try to help ya get it back.

(See how my Steam profile has a number assigned to it. You can change your username, but I don't think that number can change. That's why we need it, it'll be easy access to the stolen account. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198131769722/home/)

2 hours ago, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Alright so I got my steam account stolen. Lost all my games, 6k dollars worth including PZ. Given my situation financially I can't build back up my library and I know y'all can't really help. Maybe contact steam support? They changed my email and my password somehow so I have no means of recovering it. I can't even talk to steam support without my account. My sign in is bonezdwb and idk I let my nephew play and he clicked on a link and ... This just ... Idk I guess I'll just stop gaming. Idk how to fix this.

All I need steam to do is change my account back to aquarianscorch@gmail.com and give me a new password. But I can't even submit a ticket without access to my account. Even if I could idk if they would do it. I just lost 6k dollars because some Russians hacked my account. This hurts bad. Definitely does not feel good. 
Why would I keep gaming? 9 years of service with steam and I just lost everything in a few seconds. All my games, my over 6k dollars and everything gone. If I can't fix this I swear I'll never touch another game again. What's the point? You work and buy and build a reputation just to have hackers steal it from you? If I can't fix this then I'll just give up.

^A case study in why 2FA is a thing.

56 minutes ago, DresdenBBQ said:

Okay hold your horses buckaroo. That kinda negative nancy attitude ain't doin' yourself no favors. You gotta focus on how to fix this, not just give up. You only really fail when you give up after all. If we can get a bunch of people to report your account as bein' stolen that's one way to help you get your account back. However to do that, we'll need to find your runaway account first. Bonezdwb doesn't come up in the Steam search. If you can't log in using your email try the first username you ever used to sign up with your account. Everyone has it. Also are you *sure* your email was changed? I wasn't even aware that was POSSIBLE for your email to get changed. 

If you can get a link to your steam profile that'd be a good start. Check everywhere. Your SteamID doesn't change I don't think, so if you've ever sent anyone a direct link to your account find that and we can work on gettin' a bunch of people to report it as stolen. I'm sorry this happened to you dawg, I had it happen to another friend. Condolences I know ain't worth shit from shinolah so the least I can do is try to help ya get it back.

(See how my Steam profile has a number assigned to it. You can change your username, but I don't think that number can change. That's why we need it, it'll be easy access to the stolen account. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198131769722/home/)

[MET] Aditsan should be the username unless they changed it. 

58 minutes ago, DresdenBBQ said:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/bonezdwb

58 minutes ago, DresdenBBQ said:

Also thank you for helping. I'm sorry with the pessimism. i just lost my job and now this and it's just overwhelming is all.l Here is the link again.https://steamcommunity.com/id/bonezdwb

10 minutes ago, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Also thank you for helping. I'm sorry with the pessimism. i just lost my job and now this and it's just overwhelming is all.l Here is the link again.https://steamcommunity.com/id/bonezdwb

I've gotchu brother, I know what it's like to get overwhelmed by life and pitched a bunch of fast balls all at the same time. That was all of 2019 for me. What helped me was stayin' positive in times like these, a fake it till ya make it attitude. I know it sounds cliche and you'll constantly ask yourself "What is there to be positive about??" which I can suggest things but only you can answer that question and draw positivity from the world around you. It's not easy and nothin' I can say will really make your problems go away, but you just gotta keep truckin'. Only so much mud and shit life can throw at ya. With enough swings and strokes you can chip away at the boulder that metaphorically represents your problems. What's important is that ya keep at it. If you keep tryin', you're statistically unlikely to perpetually fail and be down. 

In the meantime sendin' me your account ID was really helpful!! If you haven't already, read this thread: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366 It tells you multiple pieces of proof you can use when you submit your report to Steam Support. In the meantime I'll send your Steam ID in a bunch of servers I'm in and ask that they report the account as hijacked. 

2 minutes ago, DresdenBBQ said:

I've gotchu brother, I know what it's like to get overwhelmed by life and pitched a bunch of fast balls all at the same time. You gotta stay positive in times like these, a fake it till ya make it attitude. It's not easy and nothin' I can say will really make your problems go away, but you just gotta keep truckin'. Only so much mud and shit life can throw at ya. With enough swings and strokes you can chip away at the boulder that metaphorically represents your problems. What's important is that ya keep at it. If you keep tryin', you're statistically unlikely to perpetually fail and be down. 

In the meantime sendin' me your account ID was really helpful!! If you haven't already, read this thread: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366 It tells you multiple pieces of proof you can use when you submit your report to Steam Support. In the meantime I'll send your Steam ID in a bunch of servers I'm in and ask that they report the account as hijacked. 

How do I send my paypal to steam? I can't access the forums without an account....

6 minutes ago, MrZombifiedGamer said:

I guess I'll have to make a new email then. I mean if I attach my old email to my new account idk if they can put that email back on my old account.

I would make a new email cause you can't associate two Steam accounts to the old email. 

So I have an idea. For now if you can just get it shut down I can contact steam later to get it back up and in my control again. Right now I'm more worried about my card. So keep up the flagging campaign, get the account inactive for now temporarily so the hackers don't steal my card or start buying random shit and drain my account dry. I'm sure Steam will do that. If you need I can give you the IP's of the hackers if that helps. It wont match steams records of my IP.

3 hours ago, DresdenBBQ said:

Steam should by default recognize that it's not your IP. I'm sure they'll reset it back to your control once they see that it's obviously been hacked. For whatever reason hackers always boot up CS:GO. 

Yeah that's how I got hacked. But how will they restore it? They don't know its been hacked. 

Steam should by default recognize that it's not your IP. I'm sure they'll reset it back to your control once they see that it's obviously been hacked. For whatever reason hackers always boot up CS:GO. 

The crazy thing is I don't even own CS:GO but my nephew is young and thought he was saving me money. But if you can throw in a support ticket for me with all this info and also keep flagging the account I'd appreciate it. 

I've already had eight or so people I know report it and hopefully others that I don't know have gone ahead and done it as well. Ain't really sure I can file  a support ticket cause it ain't my account?

Well it's worth a shot right? And I got a bunch of people to flag it too. 

3 hours ago, MrZombifiedGamer said:

Damn it's like they're teasing me now. They're messing with the privacy settings and for some reason made my entire account public. Probably so they can do more phishing or something.

Not gonna lie the fact that your account is public is somewhat convenient for us. I could try to flag the ticket for you but if you want I can create a new Steam account *for* you?

Archived