Being Unhappy - what to do to keep my guy happy?

Armarnis

topic says it very much, i dont want to use up my foodstuff to keep him from getting unhappy (i was far out and hat to eat a no more fresh slice of watermelon), or better said, how to make him happy again? just cook a nice dish, or is there any other possibility beside foodstuff?

maybe a modder can look into the playcards or the jojo, and come up with somethink? would be awesome!

okay, made a doodle and after reading it, unhappiness vanished :)

Combine a notebook with pens or pencils (need to have them in YOUR inventory). This will give

you 20 journals that you can read - and that will remove some boredom. Your character will get

bored if you are indoors for to long. Just take a walk outside, or kill some zombies, that should

do it.

You can also read newspaper, magazines, or books (not skill books) and that will also remove

the boredom for a while. Going to sleep will also work, but best doing that around midnight.

If I'm going to be indoors for long periods of time I usually bring 2-3 journals just i case.

Hope that helps.

EDIT

Making only a doodle is a waste of resources (pens). It's better to use notebooks. But if you

only have a piece of paper then that's another story. But try to always go for the notebooks

since that will yield 20 journals, each reducing bordom with -50.

Boredom and unhappiness aren't entirely the same thing though. Boredom can cause unhappiness, but other stuff can too. I'm not sure there is a way to deal with it other than foods yet. I know I personally will usually hold on to my stocks of the simpler foods that cause happiness, like lollipops, chocolate bars, orange sodas, and what have you, and I'll only eat them when I become unhappy. If you have enough food to be able to save that stuff, then it should never really be a problem, as sporadically as it should be happening. Unless you're living on TV Dinners or not curing your boredom when it happens, it shouldn't be too too much of a problem anyway.