[41.27] [updated with more] Some Bugs I found: Gas Tanks, Windows, Tripping, Special Zeds

MECR

1. Cars can spawn with more fuel than the (damaged) gas tank can hold

20200118192300_1.thumb.jpg.e40b4edf260cd23d37d8902f2297a61a.jpg

2. Windows - again. Found a Window that can not be smashed with melee weapons. Makes the "thump"-sound that you hear when banging a door with your weapon. Rightclicking and choosing "Smash Window" works, though. Found on these windows at the Riverside supermarket, had a Baseball Bat equipped. Didn't test on other windows yet.

20200118184943_1.thumb.jpg.cc590781a9573f882caad89e49dad0e2.jpg

3. Ok that's a minor one but spelling ;-) Police T-Shirts are labelled "Tshirts". Gesundheit! ;-)

4. Not sure if it's a bug or balancing issue or just me having really bad luck 5 times in a row: Has the risk of tripping when running through hordes been raised? I'm a very experencied player and used to crowd control with running and shouting. I got into some really tight situations that way and of course I know it's supposed to be risky. But after some 250+ hours in builds 41.xx I never tripped when running around and through crowds. Yesterday, I died 5 times in a row that way :-( It's always the same build, Burglar with Athletic, extreme Underweight, Runner and Gymnastic traits.

5. I'm not sure on this one, if it's a vanilla thing or just rumours. I read somewhere that if you're playing standard modes like Apokalypse and Survivor, that after roughly two weeks in, spawns of military and survivor special Z's will raise. A played Apo a lot, but always with mods like Unique Z, so I can't tell if that's true or not. For some time now, I play vanilla 6 month later with insane population, and I've never seen any military or survivor special Z ever. Some characters made it close to two months. So if it's true and there is a function for spawning these zeds with time, shouldn't they spawn in 6 Months later from the very beginning and in greater numbers?

Edited by MECR

2 hours ago, MECR said:

5. I'm not sure on this one, if it's a vanilla thing or just rumours. I read somewhere that if you're playing standard modes like Apokalypse and Survivor, that after roughly two weeks in, spawns of military and survivor special Z's will raise. 

Huh, I totally forgot that survivor zeds were a thing, I can't remember if I ever found one either.

Cool and thank you, Pandorea!

2. I tested it on more windows. "Normal house" windows work, and I also had similar looking "Business" windows that were smashable. Currently I have the impression that it could be an issue with the direction the window is facing? I'm quite sure that while I wasn't able to smash the windows mentioned above that were facing south, I was able to smash similar ones which were facing north. Will check again and report back.

2 hours ago, Sweet Heaven said:

I put the generator in the driver's seat and I can't get it out  XD.

You can open the car door from the outside with the 'V' menu to access the inventory, then you can drag the generator out of the inventory window to drop it on the ground.

So here's some new ones plus a fact check on #2.

2. Went on a window smashing spree and couldn't reproduce. Maybe that was just a one-in-a-time weirdness.

6. The Storage Facility near Riverside has two toilet rooms that are missing doors. You have to sledgehammer your way in.

20200121121133_1.thumb.jpg.e72565b8d61ea7e8c0e6b0267e634291.jpg

7. Graphical Glitch at the Clothing Shop in Riverside (I play on a Mac btw) - somehow the mannequins are "mirrored" outside the shop.

20200119203905_1.thumb.jpg.26b448056939bd6c7b496de0b1cea51b.jpg

8. PLEASE do something for cars flipping over (few) bodies on low speed. I just lost a promising character this way. I cleared maybe 20 Z's outside my base, 10 of them already on the ground, very low speed because it was a scrap limo with low hp, was not driving in circles, when all of a sudden the car flipped. That's just not physically possible. There wasn't a pile of bodies and with like 10 kph at most I don't see how a 1.5 to limo would ever flip when driving over was what maybe 6 bodies. I consider this to be a bug but have to cope with feeling a cheater if I activate my backup :-(

9. Now I'm perhaps a bit pedantic ;-) but the char died when the driver side window broke due to zombie attacks. Thing is, the limo was lying on the driver's side window, the windshield was intact, and their should be no way for zombies to reach you, as it is when you park close to a building. Edit: They shouldn't have been able to reach the driver's side window in the first place to damage it, as the car was lying flat on that window without moving.

Edit2: forgot one.

10. The sound radius function for attracting z's with vehicle sirens, honks, house alarms etc. is larger than what the player can actually hear. To reproduce: start the siren on a police car and go away. After some distance, you won't hear the siren anymore but there will be lots of z's who follow that sound. This makes no sense lorewise since the living should be able to hear better than the dead ;-) On Singleplayer, this is not so important but with Multiplayer I see problems, when you have hordes moving and you have no chance to have a clue at wtf is actually going on. Edit3 - I promise it's the last one :-) also zombies inside buildings seem to be agitated by a close siren the same way as the ones outside, while if you're going in the building, the siren will be not as loud as outside.

Edited by MECR

11. Normally, you can't get out of a moving car and that's good. I found out the hard way that there's a way to jump out at high speed stuntman-like: I ate some chips and accidentally pressed E (wanted to press V to start the heater). Upps. Well, I thought, he will not get out of a moving vehicle and so I accelerated. But as soon as the eating was finished he jumped out.