Zombies are broken

PBL

1 hour ago, randomname said:

I love this game and I hope that this is fixed fast. I really wanted to play this weekend. But I'm no pro at this game and I personally am not having fun with it right now. the zombies just seem to hoard up so fast and detect you so early. I get that people want difficulty and realism but this makes the game painstaking to play. At least for me it feels like a chore to do most things in game at the moment. I am/was really getting into this game too! 

Barring bugs, like fences failing to provide a stealth bonus mentioned above (this will certainly have to be fixed - stealth needs a second look at), this is why we have sandbox and other game modes. Apocalypse, in particular, should never have been so easy that a zombie can’t spot someone from ~25ft (about 10-15 tiles) away that takes no precautions, like avoiding line of sight, sneaking, and looking out the windows before you just bust open the door and walk out. As is, this bug fix would have occurred about three weeks ago, if not for Christmas. No one should’ve been able to just walk near  a gargle of zombies and only have 2-3 peel off for you to dispatch at your leisure. This of course is a matter of opinion, but I don’t understand what would be fun about that, aside from easily racking up kills - since zombies were effectively legally blind before the patch.

it’s not too hard to deal with: look where they’re looking and go around. Yes, its hard to do and they might spot you, but you don’t have to fight them all. You can walk or sneak away, break line of sight and lose ‘em. You just have to be willing to die a bit until you get a feel for it - or change it up in sandbox. And definitely don’t play six months later if this is the case. :P

We do take these concerns seriously and will keep looking into it, mind.

12 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

You just have to be willing to die a bit until you get a feel for it - or change it up in sandbox. 

Well even with "poor " sight the Z have quite good view range.  And most of the time it is like the Z have better sight then the player.  Not like the Z have to fight 2.5D walls and stuff. 

If "poor" was normal I might thing it is fair. (and "poor" had even lower view range) .   But right now it is hard just running away as when you brake sight around the corner the next Z spot you and it is a never ending death.  Never able to find a dam safe bed.

I mean this are Zombies. Living dead. Diabetes lose sight and need glasses.  Most adults need glasses (Z most likely drop them quite fast)

Not sleeping eating or drinking water will decrease a humans ability to see stuff.  Being not able to open doors should also mean that recognizing a human vs a Z from a distance be a impossible task.  I mean yea even a almost dead brain can make out that allot of movement or noise is food.  But something at a distance looking like a outer Z? Na.

1 hour ago, Turbo50 said:

I mean this are Zombies. Living dead. Diabetes lose sight and need glasses.  Most adults need glasses (Z most likely drop them quite fast)

I really don't understand how people come up with this argument. Even with bad eyesight you can tell your neighbour is standing in front of his door. You can see people down the street. If we go down every logical route, we might as well not have zombies, or they're all blind. Or unable to move. It never ends. 

Zombies have good eyesight. Now, there we have it. It's now the lore :D

The zombie's detection range was abysmally low for such a long time that I think people are just kind of spoiled. In addition to that, stealth simply needs to be buffed as it was unintentionally balanced to the bug that made them basically unable to detect a player more than 10 tiles away.

Please just let us buff stealth and then see where we're at. 

We could probably use a couple more idle animations for zombies so not all of them look at the ground visually. Then tie the visibility to the actual head position of the zombie (looking at ground = lower visual detection range) or at least have a visual indicator making it a bit more clear. 

15 hours ago, randomname said:

I love this game and I hope that this is fixed fast. I really wanted to play this weekend. But I'm no pro at this game and I personally am not having fun with it right now. the zombies just seem to hoard up so fast and detect you so early. I get that people want difficulty and realism but this makes the game painstaking to play. At least for me it feels like a chore to do most things in game at the moment. I am/was really getting into this game too! 

Yeah, I want to see more combat stuff, myself. Right now if 3 come at you at the same time its just going to be you spamming shove until one/two of them fall over and you beg the game not to send a 4th at you or youll lose. Stealth for me isnt my thing but combat is a nightmare because you literally cant fight too many and they all come at you at the same time and they all group up in clusters of 4 to 10 even from the first 2 or 3 minutes ingame.

Also im sure that even with poor eyesight, someone could tell that someone else is down the street like you said, but how can they tell the difference between a human and a zombie just from a shape, especially if im covered in copious amounts of blood and have the same general dirty appearance. How can they tell im not them and how can they always know exactly who they are and never make a mistake? This isnt stuff that should be ignored in my opinion.

Edited by Ziggylata

4 minutes ago, Ziggylata said:

Yeah, I want to see more combat stuff, myself. Right now if 3 come at you at the same time its just going to be you spamming shove until one/two of them fall over and you beg the game not to send a 4th at you or youll lose. Stealth for me isnt my thing but combat is a nightmare because you literally cant fight too many and they all come at you at the same time and they all group up in clusters of 4 to 10 even from the first 2 or 3 minutes ingame.

Let's try and keep this about stealth and zombie perception in this thread. That's a whole different argument.

Just now, nasKo said:

Let's try and keep this about stealth and zombie perception in this thread.

That is. How can you fight if fighting only brings an entire crowd towards you no matter the scenario. Zombies are so evenly distributed you kind of HAVE to pull them towards your starting zone because theyre placed every 15 or 20 tiles in clusters of 4 to 10. Stealth in this regard is a nightmare and combat is worse. You cant sneak much since your stats are low and your room for error is lower, you cant fight because you have no weapons and the combat is unreliable. Its essentially a bad thing no matter how you phrase it.

2 minutes ago, Ziggylata said:

That is. How can you fight if fighting only brings an entire crowd towards you no matter the scenario. Zombies are so evenly distributed you kind of HAVE to pull them towards your starting zone because theyre placed every 15 or 20 tiles in clusters of 4 to 10. Stealth in this regard is a nightmare and combat is worse. You cant sneak much since your stats are low and your room for error is lower, you cant fight because you have no weapons and the combat is unreliable. Its essentially a bad thing no matter how you phrase it.

So we agree that we need to buff stealth. Good. :D

Like I said I think twice in this thread, stealth was balanced with the unintentional vision range bug where zombies simply could not see a player more than 10 tiles away, which roughly would translate to something like 20-25 feet I guess? 

So again. We will buff stealth.

I'd really like if it would take zombies 1-2 seconds to actually recognize the player when they see him.
Like, if you wan't to cross a street with zombies, if you stealth-run from cover to cover fast enough they wouldn't aggro, even if you enter their range of vision for a very short time.

Edited by crossed

On 1/18/2020 at 5:40 PM, Ziggylata said:

Also im sure that even with poor eyesight, someone could tell that someone else is down the street like you said, but how can they tell the difference between a human and a zombie just from a shape, especially if im covered in copious amounts of blood and have the same general dirty appearance. How can they tell im not them and how can they always know exactly who they are and never make a mistake?

Yes that is what I faild to bring up. Z are like ants. But makes more sound. They can not make out a z from a human crossing the street. Even sneaking crossing the road looks more out of place vs walking normally. But running or close enuf to see that healty human walking is on the outherhand obvius food for them. I mean poor sight just mean that they can not make out details like if someone is a z or not. Why is the Z never agrod towards a z down the street?

Ow. And why i was bringing up Diabetes has nothing to do with USA or anything. Just that when body functions stops working sight is one of the first to go. Tierd, tirst, hungry and the small problem of brain damage really makes the senses go down the toilet. You might have the eyes but not the mental capasity to prosses the information. Or taking shortcuts as a way to free up time and energi.

But hearing something that can be food or having something infront of you close by will still be something you react to. But far off in the distance you have to stand out to be noticed. And even then it might fail to be registerd. Why driving is dangerus tired or sik.

Edited by Turbo50