IWBUMS 41.27 released!

lemmy101

41.27 Changelist

- Reverted (for now) the attack cancel fix while we work out a more elegant solution for next week's patch.

- Added missing Melee Movement Disruption option to sandbox options.

Changes to Foraging UI:

- Fixed some typos.

- Forage Action wil now continue until you stop it or the zone is empty.

- Show current zone's loot abundance

- Only one instance of UI can be opened.

- Lowered amount of stones found.

- You can now select one of your equipped bags to directly drop foraged items into. If bag is full, it will go into main inventory, or ground.

- Fixed items in bags not being used when doing carpentry.

- Changed "Drop items near square center" default to false, so items are dropped under the player's feet as before.

- Fixed not being able to click on carpentry containers to display their contents in the loot window, if the container was more transparent due to being in front of the player.

16 minutes ago, ohgodspidersno said:

It looks like some of these changes are things that RH4DB4 made mods for. Out of curiosity, did you fold his changes into the main game?

We'd always credit and get permission before doing that, its possible though if a mod does something people much request, we'll end up doing it ourselves. What change do you mean in particular?

Thanks for the update keep it up!!! I know u have more important things to fix  just suggestions: to allow to change the color of aim reticule cuz in winter it may be hard to see with the snow i fix this taking out transparency, different color for front door and back door instead of all squares green so player can be sure he entering driver seat, be able to se weapon durability on the radial menu so player can select according to the situation. Precursor moodle to excertion and tired since now affects combat would be nice to know before it affect player strategy. More positive moodles like content so there is a point to gain happiness with food. Idle animation according to moodle like crying when depressed so player can empathy and will be more interested in to keep the character content and not abuse negative moodles with fast forward time. This is not only my ideas but things that we spoke in the community. Again thanks for listening to the community. 

31 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

We'd always credit and get permission before doing that, its possible though if a mod does something people much request, we'll end up doing it ourselves. What change do you mean in particular?

I think in this instance some of the mods got our internal testers talking about Foraging QOL improvements etc. off the back of the mod, which then transferred to one of our coders picking up on their conversation. So there's probably an indirect link to certain fixes appearing in the main game.

A lot of the stuff on there are Quality of Life improvements that we've had on our 'must do this' list for 41 for ages backstage - dropping items when moving for example just went in, and I think Team Tanglewood have a task given to dating back aeons about giving campfires an indication of how much fuel they have. So kudos to this modder dude for getting there first basically :)

The foraging window doesn't remember what backpack you chose to put the stuff you find into, it always defaults back to main inventory.

(Also, not very important but it would be nice if the window would remember were you placed it instead of always appearing in the middle of the screen)

It's awesome otherwise, makes foraging much less of a chore :)

Edited by crossed

Pretty sure that this changelist is NOT exhaustive. Ex: With this update, I can wash my dirty clothes in the river without soap… IF they aren't bloody. (and that a good thing)

Also, shadows for hidden zone behind trees are much more elegant.

And, last but not least, luminosity during winter's days SEEMS better. Not sure at this time, not enough playing. But dark days are no pleasure for the player, so it's a really good thing if winter is a little brighter – players want to have fun, not a headache watching PZ.

Maybe it's just my run, but all of a sudden the zeds appear to have eagle vision of some sort. They all see me from twice the usual range, and occasionally one starts running towards me even before I get it in vision myself. Is this intended behavior? Perhaps I missed it in the patch notes...

My current run is a few weeks old, and vision definitely worked different before this patch.

Had the same issue in my run yesterday with zombies really noticing me from quite the distance even when sneaking.

Pretty sure something changed as I haven;'t touched my settings and could atleast manage to get past a few zombies whilst sneaking.

It was worse when I managed to get into a vehicle to hotwire and suddenly some random zombie from nearby trees a good distance starts approaching (not wondering, but actually moving towards me perfectly as in spotted)

2 hours ago, Tybs said:

Maybe it's just my run, but all of a sudden the zeds appear to have eagle vision of some sort. They all see me from twice the usual range, and occasionally one starts running towards me even before I get it in vision myself. Is this intended behavior? Perhaps I missed it in the patch notes...

My current run is a few weeks old, and vision definitely worked different before this patch.

7 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

Had the same issue in my run yesterday with zombies really noticing me from quite the distance even when sneaking.

Pretty sure something changed as I haven;'t touched my settings and could atleast manage to get past a few zombies whilst sneaking.

It was worse when I managed to get into a vehicle to hotwire and suddenly some random zombie from nearby trees a good distance starts approaching (not wondering, but actually moving towards me perfectly as in spotted)

I'm guessing this is probably being caused by this fix that was included in the patch notes for 41.26.

" - Fixed zombies farther away than 10 squares having a negative chance to spot the player. "

2 hours ago, PZ_Axe_For_You said:

Please merge back in the change that allows you to CTRL+Scroll in the loot window to change containers. That got killed this release.

It's Shift+MouseWheel now by default, but you can change it in the Accessibility options.  It was changed after someone had a problem with it being Ctrl+MouseWheel.

Thank you for making small changes. It's great what they are doing with the game. When beta 41 came out and Ditoseadio was authorized to show us the new changes, I remember that he made a trailer about the first versions of the game until the last one. I would love to have that trailer that he created put it in the Steam store so that whoever does not grant the game, see how it has evolved and the love and detail they put into the different modifications. In addition to the contact they maintain with the community through the different channels. 

RELEASED: Build 40

Fixed car engine turning off as soon as battery is removed

IWBUMS 41.26 released!

Fixed being able to remove battery while the car engine was running.

Did I missed some logic here or was that a bug rly ?

You can swap batteries while the car is running, at least in older cars without so much electronics as now.

If you want to block that possibility, it would be better to do something like turning off and put a little damage to the engine than disable uninstaling completely.

It was the only way to recharge batties without a charger and disable that doesn't make the game more realistic at all.

(Should post it on  IWBUMS 41.26 released! topic 😕 )

Edited by Vengo
Wrong topic

22 hours ago, Misha said:

[BUG]

You can reload or rack your gun when driving.

If you can, please make sure you don't have the third hand to operate the steering wheel.

HeLL no man, ever heard of driving with 1 hand? I dont think the whole PZ community should suffer from not being able to reload while driving a car just because you dont like it. 

On 1/26/2020 at 4:40 PM, Misha said:

[BUG]

You can reload or rack your gun when driving.

If you can, please make sure you don't have the third hand to operate the steering wheel.

He he. My third hand shift 14 gears and retarder at the same time. My third foot handel the clutch. My 4th hand deal with light and horn :) All hands on deck if a hand is needed to speak in "hand" towards outher drivers :)

But yea reloading should be standing still. Or remove A D key. 😆

Edited by Turbo50

• nasKo unpinned this topic