weapon durability, hats

Zeantra

ok, so weapons in the newest iwbums build seem to have like NO real durability, even when the condition is full, things like the hand scythe and hand axe are breaking after maybe 6 or 10 hits on a zombie. 

also, suddenly knife fighting is completely impossible, instead of doing a nice one shot to the ear, like before, now you flail around pointlessly with the knife for 5 hits first?  maybe i'm just not doing it right, but that in combination with the potential for losing your knife in the zombie in the middle of a fight seem to make them completely pointless, and also they break after a couple hits as well.  at this rate, you'd need a CRAZY amount of weapons all the time......

also, i get how baseball caps can fall off in a scuffle, but the motorcycle helmet at least really ought to stay on, otherwise there'd be a lot of dead bikers if their helmets popped off on sharp turns....

Helmets should be remedied with the newest patch.

Knifes have been mentioned and explained a fair few times by now... they were too OP and so the ridiculous one-shot-kill-no-matter-what has been reduced to the point that the team is happy with it. Instead of destroying a horde with a few butter knives, player now needs to be good at sneaking and stabbing from the back.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:13 PM, Zeantra said:

ok, so weapons in the newest iwbums build seem to have like NO real durability, even when the condition is full, things like the hand scythe and hand axe are breaking after maybe 6 or 10 hits on a zombie. 

also, suddenly knife fighting is completely impossible, instead of doing a nice one shot to the ear, like before, now you flail around pointlessly with the knife for 5 hits first?  maybe i'm just not doing it right, but that in combination with the potential for losing your knife in the zombie in the middle of a fight seem to make them completely pointless, and also they break after a couple hits as well.  at this rate, you'd need a CRAZY amount of weapons all the time......

also, i get how baseball caps can fall off in a scuffle, but the motorcycle helmet at least really ought to stay on, otherwise there'd be a lot of dead bikers if their helmets popped off on sharp turns....

I remember popping off a suggestion in December and part of it was sandbox options that would let the player decide things like how durable weapons would spawn  in and even how quickly they would wear out.

Honestly I Really hope they fix the helmet issue. Got a bite on the top of my head it's kinda stupid for a helmet to fall off when you are grabbed/bitten. I can understand tripping but a grab. Like seriously whats the point of heavy duty armor for it all to fail to a little bite that's fatal 99.9%. Imo it defeats the purpose of protection, Clothing is for looks so i might as well run around naked af. Ironically i found a mod to help out with that 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1962761540

Edited by Crusty Joe