Fps progressively worse, dependent on save

tynmishoe22

Question

I have an nvidia 2070 super and after awhile i was getting around 60-80fps. Delete and reinstall, 300 fps. Put my old save data in new zomboid folder(NOT options or anything else, only character and map data) and bam, back down to 75fps. Ive been troubleshooting this for literally 12 hours and it's hurting my brain, any support would be appreciated.

As you can see on the bottom left my fps shoots off into oblivion on a clean install, but as soon as i put my save i can barely keep 100. This is starting a character in the same place on an event map so it's not just location/zombies and i didnt change any options so the graphics settings are actually way lower on the second data set.

1.png

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, tynmishoe22 said:

yes i did. did you even read the post? Its fine on a new save, but progressively goes down over time. Might sound like i'm complaining since it says 130 fps but after a few hours this is 30 fps...

Alright, are you using any mods? And what event map are you playing on?

4 hours ago, tynmishoe22 said:

No never have and i used kingsmouth each time as a control but it happened on any map if my save was more than a couple hours old.

Can you upload the "Logs" folder from C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid"?
Just zip it and attach it to your next message, it will give us more information on the logs about the game, if there are any glaring errors happening and causing the progressive lag.

Another thing I can suggest that helped a few people with lag is to add an exception to their security program (antivirus) for the "Zomboid" folder in "C:\Users\YourUserName\"

The antivirus usually checks all the map files created by the game, and it explains some stuttering issues when exploring new parts of the map. It could also explain the progressive lag.

30 minutes ago, Beard said:

Have you tried starting a new game on a new save? To see if the FPS drops happen there too. Just to see if this is save specific, if anything went wrong with that save and such.

yes i did. did you even read the post? Its fine on a new save, but progressively goes down over time. Might sound like i'm complaining since it says 130 fps but after a few hours this is 30 fps...

Archived