Handful of minor feature suggestions

Alis(they/them)

Hello dev team and forum community!

So, here's a small list of some ideas I've had for small details.

-Choosing "short sighted" gives you glasses by default. That pair, and only that pair, negates the effect of the perk, if they're kept clean and not broken. If lost/broken, too bad.

-Pain tolerance traits (increases/decreases pain moodle amounts)

-Noisy clothing (like those pants that, no matter how you walk, always go "SHZWEP SHZWEP SHZWEP" when they move)

-Different footwear should affect climbing ability and stamina drain

-Gas masks should provide face protection, and maybe have stamina drain a bit faster when wearing one

-Slings/straps/sheaths added to models on the player's belt or back, either as an added thing to the belt or weapon that allows it to be added to a quickslot, or just by default.

-A separate mode or sandbox option or something for clothes being far stronger than they are by default so it can be more realistic, because holy fucking shit, no human being on the planet, zombified or otherwise, can get through a fucking firefighter's jacket with a single bite or scratch. That is insane bullshit. I was okay with ignoring how hard it is for human teeth to get through denim, because denim is very common and popular, gotta balance that and make it weak, sure, but heavy fabric lined with asbestos being just sorta okay protection is WAYYYY different than a pair of jeans.

Got a little mad at the end but that's all. Elsewhere is a full review from steam that I wanted to make sure was seen and it mentions some of this.

Edited by Alis(they/them)
something on here was already a feature, oopsie

11 hours ago, Alis(they/them) said:

-Choosing "short sighted" gives you glasses by default. That pair, and only that pair, negates the effect of the perk, if they're kept clean and not broken. If lost/broken, too bad.

They could specify which diopter you need (perhaps somewhere between -5 to +5) and giving a random number to each pair of glasses in the game so that you're able to find a replacement if you're lucky. Negative numbers (i.e. on the prescription) would reduce sight distance, or blur the vision of the game engine is capable, while positive numbers could make reading increasingly difficult.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:40 AM, sprkng said:

They could specify which diopter you need (perhaps somewhere between -5 to +5) and giving a random number to each pair of glasses in the game so that you're able to find a replacement if you're lucky. Negative numbers (i.e. on the prescription) would reduce sight distance, or blur the vision of the game engine is capable, while positive numbers could make reading increasingly difficult.

That sounds pretty cool. Though since glasses prescriptions are so percise, there could never be one other than the one you get at the start that work perfectly. Ooh, maybe an attachable lanyard that keeps them from falling off, too.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:33 PM, Alis(they/them) said:

That sounds pretty cool. Though since glasses prescriptions are so percise, there could never be one other than the one you get at the start that work perfectly. Ooh, maybe an attachable lanyard that keeps them from falling off, too.

It wouldn't be perfect, but it should definitely be good enough to counteract any negative effects in game. My normal glasses are something like -2.3 and -1.9 plus astigmatism correction, but when I was younger I liked to use disposable contact lenses. Those lenses were only available in 0.5 increments (and without astigmatism correction) so I had to use -2.5 and -2.0 and it worked just fine for pretty much everything, including driving. And since reading tiny text at a distance isn't very relevant in a zombie apocalypse I think that effect could be ignored for the sake of game play.