Build 41.24 Abnormal XP boost for Occupations and Traits

Nativel

For +75% XP skill boost in Occupation and Traits selectiong menu you getting +300% XP boost in game.

For +100% XP skill boost in Occupation and Traits selectiong menu you getting +433% XP boost in game.

For +125% XP skill boost in Occupation and Traits selectiong menu you getting +566% XP boost in game.

So it's look's like some one set up XP boost multiplier wrongly, from 0,25 to 1,33

If we will calculate it:

0,25 intesd of 1,33 will be:

(0,75/0,25)*1,33=4 with is mean +300%

(1/0,25)*1,33=5,33 with is mean +433%

(1,25/0,25)*1,33=6,66 with is mean +566%

I'm russian, and I'm not so good on english, but this is language of math, you have to understand what I'm talking about.

Right?

BTW

Fast learner and slow learner works fine +30% XP and -30% XP

So problem with only skills where you have personal boost from 75% to 125% only.

P/S

I'm not set up sand box where you can set up XP boost multiplier, to 1000. It's for XP = 1 so I know it's wrong and you have to know about it.

Edited by Nativel

While the UI is certainly misleading, this is not a bug.

From the Wiki:

A leveling bonus applies depending on your starting/base level in the given skill. This bonus is active for the entire game, regardless of whether you invest further skill points into skills or not.

For example, if you start with +1 carpentry, you have a 1.00x speed (base speed is 0.25x), even if you then train to level 4 in carpentry, you will still only have the 1.00x speed, not the 1.5x that starting with level 4 carpentry provides.

And in detail, it is as follows

Level 0) 0.25x speed

Level 1) +0.75x speed (1x total)

Level 2) +1x speed (1.25x total)

Level 3+) +1.25x speed (1.5x total)

So, at the character generation menu, any skill that doesn't get a bonus accrues XP at a 25% rate. If you add a trait that increases that skill level by 1, you see +75% -- this is additive, not multiplicative. Ergo, level 1 skill from traits gives (25% + 75%) = 100% XP. You'll note that the math works out with what you found -- going from 25% to 100% is a 300% boost.