Drying, salting and smoking meat

VirginWizard

Hello,

I´ve seen this suggestion mentioned here somewhere in 2017, but nothing after that. I can´t find it even in Commonly Suggested Suggestions, it feels like it went under the radar, but I feel right now is the best time to talk about it due to upcoming Hunting patch.

These methods of preserving meat would not only add to realism, but would enhance the necessary preparations players must undertake for coming winter.

For drying meat, you could introduce carpentry structure - drying rack, where you would simply place meat in and it would overtime change to dried and non perishable food source.

For salting meat, you could introduce a pack/bag of salt item to the loot table and through cooking tab you could combine it with meat, which would deplete a portion of the salt bag and give you salted meat, which would be non perishable and dangerous to eat unless you boil it/cook it in pot of water.

For smoking meat, you could add another inventory slot to campfire, that would be separate from cooking window and would serve for smoking the meat.

For all this, you would first need to find teaching books for each method of preserving meat. You could also introduce Hunter occupation, that would know these recipes right from the start. It should work on all kinds of meat - game, fish, etc.

Thank You, hopefully this will reach the Devs. :)

Edited by VirginWizard