Foraging for insects only option

VirginWizard

Hello,

most of the time when I forage for animals, I am after insects for fishing bait. The problem is that around Foraging level 7-8, you start getting frogs and wild eggs, which I don´t care much for.

Please add a separate Scavenge Focus option for insects and maybe let the animals option (frogs,..) appear only after you have high enough skill level.

Thank You even just for considering my suggestion.

I don't get why you don't care about frogs given they don't rot and are a decent food but regardless foragign gets you tired ultra fast and you don't get that many insects/worms anyway, I'd rather suggst you use composter (free worms) and take gravel -> pour out gravel as a secondary method (you get a lot of worms without getting tired fast).

6 hours ago, Zhurgy said:

I don't get why you don't care about frogs given they don't rot and are a decent food but regardless foragign gets you tired ultra fast and you don't get that many insects/worms anyway, I'd rather suggst you use composter (free worms) and take gravel -> pour out gravel as a secondary method (you get a lot of worms without getting tired fast).

I don´t care about frogs, because of their low caloric value. I would rather get insects and go get me a big fat fish.

I am already using a composter. How does this gravel method work? Never heard of it.

8 hours ago, ZAMNPlayerD said:

Well, if you go crazy digging furrows with your trowel, you can find worms. :) I'm not sure if your chance of digging up worms is affected by the lucky trait or foraging skill, but it's worth a shot.

That sounds insane. :D Rows after rows of furrows.

Edited by VirginWizard

6 hours ago, ZAMNPlayerD said:

Bruh moment. Just dig, remove, and rinse and repeat til you get as many worms as you want, right?

If I remember correctly you don't even have to waste time on removing them, you can dig again on a tile that already has furrows.

I´ll try it. Thanks, guys.

Still, the option to forage for insects only would be very nice.

Edit: I tried it. Made furrow 50 times, got 10 worms and got tired just like when you forage. I must say I prefer foraging, when it comes to obtaining fishing bait.

Edited by VirginWizard

14 hours ago, VirginWizard said:

I´ll try it. Thanks, guys.

Still, the option to forage for insects only would be very nice.

Edit: I tried it. Made furrow 50 times, got 10 worms and got tired just like when you forage. I must say I prefer foraging, when it comes to obtaining fishing bait.

Ahhh man. Well, look on the bright side, unlike forage zones, you can do this indefinitely.

On 1/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, VirginWizard said:

How does this gravel method work? Never heard of it.

Sack plus trovel/shovel -> take out gravel by right clicking -> 4 clicks to fill sack, then pour it out somewhere -> can be on same tile or close to base and you can take out gravel from the new patch as long as you want, less tiring than digging furrows, btw you can destroy furrow with sledge ;)

Edited by Zhurgy