How To Make A Zombie Proof Base With Zero Tools And Zero Carpentry.

leon2356

So, first off all credit for this find goes to these two people people.

ErasmusCrowley for making it public. And AuthenticPeach for finding it.

So, if you want a detailed explanation click on (ErasmusCrowley) for the full info.

So for the short explanation Zombies can't climb over a half-fence if there is an object blocking the other side. This works for player-made half-fences and world fences.

If you go to the storage lots in Muldrough, it is fully fenced in except for the entrance that has a half fence. If you enter the storage office you can find a long table and a filing case, both can be moved without tools. Then across the street are 2 small houses. both have 5 tables that can be moved without tools. You go back to the storage lot. Place everything on the inside of the half-fence and now zombies can't climb in. This also stops zombies from respawning or migrating into the base if the zone unloads. But the objects now count as player-made and can be destroyed! So be careful when shooting near them or you will destroy them!

20200103102108_1.thumb.jpg.97021fba4ffe3ece886b277431dc28b2.jpg

Now, to get into your base there are two ways.

First, you can hop the full-fence to get back in but if you have a heavy load or are exhausted it won't work. Another way is if you go to the half-fence you can pick up the tables blocking it from the front, climb in, then just place it back down.

20200103102002_1.thumb.jpg.6d8f153b8dc92ba149b89973cf6d558a.jpg

All this can be done without tools and with zero carpentry skills.

10 hours ago, NormalMan said:

Is this a modification? I just don’t remember that in the game.

If you mean being able to place stuff behind a half fence to stop zombies, that is a bug in the game.

If you mean the menu on the left that is a mod, forgot to close it when i took the screen shots. It gives you more details on stuff like armor, insulation, tells you what numeric level your food, water, exhaustion is and tells you if the action you are doing is giving you xp and in what skill that xp is going too. Helpful if your testing to see how stuff works.

Also lets you do a manual save so you don't have to leave and comeback to save.

10 hours ago, leon2356 said:

If you mean being able to place stuff behind a half fence to stop zombies, that is a bug in the game.

If you mean the menu on the left that is a mod, forgot to close it when i took the screen shots. It gives you more details on stuff like armor, insulation, tells you what numeric level your food, water, exhaustion is and tells you if the action you are doing is giving you xp and in what skill that xp is going too. Helpful if your testing to see how stuff works.

Also lets you do a manual save so you don't have to leave and comeback to save.

I meant just moving things, I did not know that they can be moved. If not difficult, tell me how to move them

16 hours ago, NormalMan said:

I meant just moving things, I did not know that they can be moved. If not difficult, tell me how to move them

So, to pickup and move objects when in game if you look on the left side of the screen you will see six icons. Primary weapon slot, secondary weapon slot, a cardboard box (inventory), a heart, (health menu), a hammer and ruler, (Crafting menu) and a desk/dresser (Move item menu). Click the desk icon and it will give you four options. Pickup. place, rotate, and dismantle.

To pickup some objects like washing machines, or crates, you may need skills in electrical or carpentry, or you may need a tool like a hammer, screwdriver, or a crowbar. Some objects you can pickup and move with no skills or tools needed such as tables, chairs and some fridges. Some things like bookcases, large shelves, crates, and metal lockers have a chance to break based on how low/high your skill for that item is. Metalworking, carpentry, and electrical are typically the only skills used to pickup a object.

You can also dismantle stuff for nails, planks, sheet metal and XP.

Archived