Vehicle accessibility

NinjaC00M

My suggestion is that the vehicle access "area" in build 41+ is made easier to engage with. Either by allowing access when not completely facing the vehicle or by making it slightly bigger, especially on 2 door vehicles. With the new animations and sluggish turning when your going anything faster than a slow amble it's awkward to make sure you hit the right spot.

Might just be me and if so 😔 I'll assume it'll remain the same and I'll make sure I'm never in a hurry to enter my vehicle. But wanted to post as this has happened to me a few times and when you have start again because you couldn't open a door when moving what I consider slow, can be a bit of a pain.

Here is the scenario:

You picked up a bit more heat than you expected on a loot run and are now high tailing it back to your pimped out ride. Should be a simple crouched jog back over the road and jump into your sweet ride and off into the sunset you got. However you've a bit of momentum and overshoot it!! 😱 Now you cannot enter the door, no drama I'll step back and then..... Run past it again!?! At this point I'm questioning my characters mental aptitude, and 💩ing my pants as it only takes a Zed to stroke your back in Apocalypse and you're all but dead. So with lighting wit Run around the vehicle to the other side only to have to same thing happen again 🤬 

Now obviously the best fix is to not run towards your vehicle. However when you have a 7+ Zeds on your tail in a tight group with more following behind, walking isn't always possible. 

Interested to hear others experiences with this. 

I agree, I died because of this twice recently, I mean it's not incredibly hard to enter a vehicle but in a panic situation it's easy to mess up...

It could be a long rectangle, the length of the whole car (split in half if there are four doors). The character already walks to the door on his own if you use the radial menu so you shouldn't need to position him precisely in front of the door to get in.

Alternatively a 'right click > enter car' option would help. Or maybe holding 'E' near a car could do the 'radial menu>enter vehicle>driver seat' command.

Edited by crossed

On 1/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

I would think using the V key is the equivalent of having a right-click option? It auto-paths to the door from a greater distance.

Yeah, I guess, though you can open a right click menu while moving so it's slightly more convenient in tight situations. But what I really want is just a little larger access areas :)