Experiences with the large warehouse in Muldraugh

psykikk

I was wondering: it is one of my favorite locations as an early foothold.

The crates offer valuable Carpentry Exp and loot. 

it only got a few entrances and the garage doors make parkign vehicles a breeze.

it is one of the most centralized locations in the vanilla map... 

I am still wondering though :

I died everytime while scavenging the rest of the map. 

is the warehouse a viable "final" base, so to speak ? 

looking forward to your guys input and take on this. 

thanks a bunch

I believe it is.

+A building where blocking access with junk cars is particularly easy

+Abundant supplies and sources for skill gain

+The roof would probably be good for planting once you haul enough bags of dirt up there.

+Elevated roof barrier increases safety and prevents zombies from seeing you up there.

+Easy highway access

+Decent location for quicker access to nearby regions

+Pretty easy to defend

+Good parking

+Easy drive to gas station

+Possibly numerous nearby parked cars to scavenge for parts

+Can sledge away zombie access to the 2nd level so only sheet ropes could be used.

+Decent access to trees

+Plenty of available space, especially if new rooms are constructed on the roof.

+Nearby pond

-Requires skills, time, and effort to clear space and move in kitchen appliances and a bed for increased sustainability

-In a highly populated and easily accessible area

-A bit uninteresting architecturally

-In multiplayer, it's a location everyone knows about and probably intends to investigate at some point.

-I'm not sure if it's high or wide enough to keep a generator running on the roof from attracting guests, but I'd guess it's not.

Honestly I prefer the Fire Department, i used to be based at the warehouse however i found that it was situated too far from supplies like food and water, and after getting an infection i wasn't able to find meds to heal, therefore dying. Yes it's nice and close to the gas station and trees, but it's kinda boring (for me at least) staying on the outskirts away from trouble :). I got to level 6 carpentry from going from the FD to houses around and dissassembling furniture. There's also the prison and Police Station right next to it, so theres guns and ammo galore.

16 hours ago, grimdaddy357 said:

Honestly I prefer the Fire Department, i used to be based at the warehouse however i found that it was situated too far from supplies like food and water, and after getting an infection i wasn't able to find meds to heal, therefore dying. Yes it's nice and close to the gas station and trees, but it's kinda boring (for me at least) staying on the outskirts away from trouble :). I got to level 6 carpentry from going from the FD to houses around and dissassembling furniture. There's also the prison and Police Station right next to it, so theres guns and ammo galore.

i totally understand your viewpoint.  the only thing I kinda "dislike" about the FD (and rosewood in general) is that it is kinda on the edge of the map, thus I like Muldraugh.

what I would totally LOVE is the ability to find , salvage, rebuild helicopters. and a WAY bigger map. 

Personally, I find the Muldrough small warehouse/storage lot to be one of the best safehouses in the game. Using just two cars (or 10 log walls), you can block off one medium building, one small building and a ton of empty space for farming or building. You have a good chance of finding a generator in the storage lot. It puts you one block from the highway and is just two blocks from the middle of Muldrough.

Link: https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5252832497785395,0.3085699566799337,119.48721106523459

On 1/8/2020 at 7:03 AM, psykikk said:

what I would totally LOVE is the ability to find , salvage, rebuild helicopters. and a WAY bigger map. 

I remember that there was a mod that added a plane to the game. Was super cool but with vehicles I think they stopped supporting it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 3:03 AM, psykikk said:

i totally understand your viewpoint.  the only thing I kinda "dislike" about the FD (and rosewood in general) is that it is kinda on the edge of the map, thus I like Muldraugh.

You're totally right. I've been busying myself customising the FD and taking runs for gas at the gas station (using the generator because power is off) and while it's keeping me busy i've kinda reached a plateu and i'm not sure what to do. I've got enough food and water, I'm farming,building, growing, but not much else. I'll have to explore sometime, maybe go to Muldrough like you suggested :)

Archived