Corrupt Update Files

LTGEmerald

Question

I am currently running build 40, though everytime I try and download the game through steam again I get "Corrupt Update File." Have just about done everything including verifying (multiple times), reinstalling steam, reinstalling the game (multiple times), things with steam, and changing download location.

Error log from steam has it saying the corrupt files are part of these "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps\Muldraugh, KY\world_22_18.lotpack"

8 answers to this question

12 hours ago, LTGEmerald said:

Ran it without mods, was seemingly fine. But then I ran a host game and it spit errors at me. Running another verify was met with the same corrupted result.

Had to cut lines out of .txt because of file size, no data that was important was cut. Cut data was just repeating lines of code that are still present in the doc.

console.txt 3.95 MB · 1 download

It seems to still be loading mods based on the log. Now I am not sure if the mods did not download correctly and thats why they are throwing out errors or if they are outdated or not. It could be that you had mods enabled in your server settings and thats why they loaded again.
I could suggest unsubscribing from all the mods and then restart Steam. This would remove all the mod files and then you could redownload them. Maybe it is just corrupted items in the mod files.

Hm, so does this error happen after you crash while downloading? I imagine if your computer just crashes while validating or downloading the game the files would get corrupted.
Can you uninstall the game again and then check your Steam folder "Steam\steamapps\common" and make sure there is no "Project Zomboid" folder there, if there is just delete it to make sure there are no leftover items.
After that, reinstall the game again.

Reinstalled, followed provided steps then started a new solo.

Game crashed. The corrupt files only display on steam after I run a verify. I ran another verification on it after most recent reinstallation, it also produced a corrupt files error. I will upload the console.txt for it.

Steam log has the same error as in the last one.

console.txt

9 hours ago, LTGEmerald said:

Reinstalled, followed provided steps then started a new solo.

Game crashed. The corrupt files only display on steam after I run a verify. I ran another verification on it after most recent reinstallation, it also produced a corrupt files error. I will upload the console.txt for it.

Steam log has the same error as in the last one.

console.txt 3.22 MB · 1 download

Can you make sure to disable all mods and then launch again? There seem to be a lot of mods enabled and I want to rule out any of them interfering with the game logs. You can either disable them in the main menu or go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete the "mods" folder.

6 hours ago, Beard said:

Can you make sure to disable all mods and then launch again? There seem to be a lot of mods enabled and I want to rule out any of them interfering with the game logs. You can either disable them in the main menu or go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete the "mods" folder.

Ran it without mods, was seemingly fine. But then I ran a host game and it spit errors at me. Running another verify was met with the same corrupted result.

Had to cut lines out of .txt because of file size, no data that was important was cut. Cut data was just repeating lines of code that are still present in the doc.

console.txt

So I seem to have fixed the issue of the game not running properly. Still have the corrupt files from steam so no idea why its giving me that still. Probably something related to hardware, but who knows. My GF's laptop has the game files on it because we play together so I put the game on a flash drive and copied over the muldraugh map folder and just replaced what is apparently corrupted. Works for now. 

The other issue I had was with a mod that was updated to 41, of which I had no clue until I looked into the mod itself.

So far I havent had any issues with hosting a game after rectifying the situation with that. Thanks for your help and time, I really do appreciate it. Happy New Year. 

Can you upload the whole console log? It is a file named "console.txt" found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid"
Just attach it to your next message and we will have a look if there is anything in the logs that would show what causes the corruption.

Archived